SalonCentric, the professional products distribution operation of L’Oreal USA and the premier distribution partner to the professional salon community in the U.S., has an exciting opening for a Maintenance Coordinator on 2nd shift to join our growing Operations team at the Distribution Center in Grand Rapids, MI.
SUMMARY: This multi craft position is responsible for maintaining all components of the conveyor system and building systems as well as assisting with external vendors and contractors as required on the 2nd shift.
What We Offer
- A competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off
- 401K Plan with company match
- Medical and dependent care flexible savings account
- Generous employee discount on beauty products
- Employee assistance plan
- Potential for growth!
Our Shift Hours:
- 2nd shift: Monday-Friday 2:00pm-11:30pm. Possible weekend/off shift work for special projects as required.
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of troubleshooting and replacing electrical control components
- General knowledge of building systems (i.e. wet sprinkler systems, compressed air systems and plumbing)
- General knowledge of HVAC systems including split systems, make up air units, air handling units, gas regulators and components and supply / exhaust systems, etc.
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of building electrical systems including 480V, 277V, 208V, 120V and 24 VDC systems
- Conform to LOTO site procedures for all equipment
- Conducting preventive maintenance (PMs) on building and conveyor systems in established timelines
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite including, Outlook and Word
- Responsible for daily communication of all pertinent information regarding building infrastructure, systems operation and maintenance to departmental management and maintenance team
- Responsible for housekeeping and cleanup of maintenance and project areas daily
- Ability to interpret specifications, schematics, operation and maintenance manuals, etc.
- Assists Maintenance Manager in developing standard operating procedures, daily work schedules, and duty cycles for all repairs and maintenance for conveyor, building, HVAC and electrical systems
- Assist Maintenance Manager in managing 3rd party building, mechanical, HVAC, and electrical contractors conducting service, repair and new contract work
- Diagnose and perform general mechanical and electrical equipment repairs including light fabrication
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (To include relevant work experience, competencies and education requirements):
- 2 years in an Industrial Maintenance preferred
- 2 years of conveyor repair experience preferred
- Require prior knowledge and usage of Lockout/Tagout Procedures
- Prior forklift certification/experience preferred
- Prior scissor lift experience preferred
- Familiar with GMP’s
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as individually
- Ability to shift working hours as required to complete projects and component replacements, including weekend work.
- High school diploma or GED required.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.