Manager, Consumer & Market Intelligence
10 Hudson Yards, New York, NY
The Consumer & Market Intelligence Team (CMI) provides information that facilitates management decision-making on broad strategic as well as tactical day-to-day marketing and business issues.
CMI uses a wide variety of research techniques and tools. The types of custom research conducted includes market studies, attitude and usage studies, image studies, advertising development and evaluation, tracking research, concept testing, product testing, concept/product testing, promotion testing and qualitative research.
- Manages the design and execution of complex consumer research initiatives for a line of business (cosmetics) across multiple brands.
- Identifies and translates consumer needs, insights and behavior to guide brand strategy, communication, and innovation.
- Assists in the development of annual strategic and tactical research plans to address business goals.
- Works closely with marketing teams, DMI organizations, advertising agencies, sales to build consensus for research priorities.
- Manages research budget and project costs.
- Represents the voice of the consumer within the organization; presents research findings and implications.
Skills & Experience
- 2-5 years of market research experience including study design and analysis and a comprehensive understanding of custom market research methods, and experience in or high level of familiarity with syndicated methods.
- Strong analytic abilities in qualitative and quantitative research are required.
- Must be able to thrive within a rapidly changing business environment and be able to effectively navigate and manage ambiguity.
- Must have exceptional project management skills; (the ability to manage multiple projects with shifting and conflicting priorities and deadlines).
- Must have excellent vendor management skills; this includes exploring new suppliers, and research techniques.
- Excellent presentation skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.