L’Oréal USA’s Corporate Communications team is looking for a highly motivated Manager to support the development and execution of stakeholder-centric communication strategies aimed at protecting L’Oréal Group’s reputation in the U.S. In this position, the Manager will build consultative relationships across the company to provide counsel and identify opportunities that strengthen the company’s reputation and advance our crisis preparedness and issues management discipline.
The Manager provides ongoing communications support to our brand and cross-functional teams and ensures alignment to department policies throughout the company. This role reports to a Director-level individual in Corporate Communications and will support the management of “special situations” like acquisitions, major business changes and reorganizations, emerging issues and crisis communications.
The Manager, Corporate Communications will be responsible for managing communication initiatives that protect L’Oréal’s corporate reputation among its key audiences in the U.S. and supporting stakeholder intelligence capabilities for Corporate Communication.
Managing communication initiatives that protect L’Oréal’s corporate reputation:
- Develop and execute comprehensive, stakeholder-centric communication plans in response to special situations or sensitive topics
- Provide communications counsel to brand teams to navigate major business changes and challenges that can arise
- Working collaboratively with corporate teams and departments to develop holistic, responsive communications strategies and anticipate emerging issues
- Drive the use of crisis management tools, best practices and procedures to ensure a consistent response across the company
- Support ongoing crisis preparedness training of brand and cross-functional communications teams.
- Leverage digital tools to analyze data on potential reputational issues and crises
Supporting Stakeholder Intelligence capabilities
- Manage social listening and monitoring and media measurement and monitoring programs for the Corporate Communications department
- Create timely and insightful reports that inform key business and communications actions
- Responsible for the ongoing identification and escalation of relevant topics that have the potential for national and international reach
Required Experience, Education, Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline required
- Required: 4-6 years of accumulated experience in media relations, public affairs, change management, crisis communications and/or multi-faceted corporate communications role, ideally with a multinational company or public relations agency
- Experience applying qualitative and quantitative insights to the development of communications strategies.
- Familiarity with tools include Cision Cloud, Netbase/Quid, Signal AI, Meltwater or similar applications are strongly preferred.
- Someone who possesses a high level of professionalism, excellent judgement, can maintain confidential information and work with senior-level management (both U.S. and International teams) with maturity and sensitivity
- Maintains calm in high-stakes situations and shows comfort with ambiguity
- Demonstrates a keen interest and curiosity for technical topics and complex subject matters
- Requires strong verbal and written skills with a passion for communications and proven ability to influence leaders. Must be deliberate, discerning, and persuasive with language
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects and properly prioritize workload
- Media-savvy, high level of personal and professional organization, attention to detail, incredible sense of urgency while maintaining a positive attitude
- Solid understanding of business dynamics and ability to work at the highest levels in a corporate environment
- Maintains a spirit of learning and adaptability in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.