Title: Customer Marketing Manager, L’Oreal Active Cosmetics Division
Reports to: Director – National Accounts (NAM)
Location: NYC (Hudson Yards)
The Customer Marketing Manager role supports the Field Sales team in managing key Account(s). Manager’s role is to work with both internal and external partners in the development and execution of go-to-market brand-strategies for their specific account(s).
Roles & Responsibilities/Key Results
- Primary focus is to manage Account specific trade promotions and activity from inception to fruition by working with Brand Marketing partners to ensure National strategy is executed at the Retailer specific level.
- Manager will work with brand teams to ensure National brand priorities are executed at Retailer level by owning Accounts specific National Grid inclusive of promo activity, displays, Customer Marketing specific events such as sampling programs and more.
- Manager will support NAM(s) in developing, executing, maintaining and analyzing monthly display programs in alignment with National Brand strategy.
- Manager will support NAM(s) in development, implementation, and execution of promotional strategy at retailer by assisting in the maintenance of promotional grid, and will regularly meet with Retailers and third party support ensuring in store execution.
- Manager role regularly communicates with Field & Training teams to share Account specific support plans and changes. In addition Manager will partner with Field & Training team to identify in store event opportunities to support consumer sampling and sales growth.
- Manager will own and maintain specific Customer Marketing budget aligned with Marketing brand partners and Finance contacts.
- Manager will assist NAM(s) with analyses and recommendations for account specific programs and events, forecasting shipments and POS, new item sales tracking, and develop a universal understanding of G2N management.
- Manager will contribute to business ownership by proactively addressing gaps and opportunities and provide recommendations to NAM(s) to help grow the business.
- Interact with multiple teams directly at the Retailer such as Buying Team, Category Managers, Inventory associates, Merchandising contacts and more to help execute L’Oreal customer initiatives.
- Work closely with Brand Marketing teams to develop effective support plans and ensure that national strategy is aligned with needs of the retailer
- Manage the development of promotional materials with internal teams and ensure proper execution at retail such as creative implementation for Personalization programs and other.
- Category expert for the brand and competitive products at retail customer.
- Strong understanding that both the customer (Account) as well as the consumer (customer) are at the heart of all strategic planning and business decision making.
- Candidate should have a National understanding of the consumer-packaged goods industry as well as experience in the mass-retail environment.
- Ideal candidate is someone with an entrepreneurial mindset and ability to be extremely flexible in an ever changing environment.
- Candidate is someone who is both a strategic and analytical thinker with the ability to turn data into insights and identify new opportunities to grow the business.
- Manager assists NAM in developing comprehensive Account specific objectives and strategic priorities based off Brand’s National strategy with the goal to grow brands at key Retailer- contributing to the growth of Active Cosmetics Division and LUSA.
- Manager will assist NAM by proactively leading analytical projects focused on outcome project performance and provide recommendations for future opportunities.
- Manager will participant in strategic Retailer meetings including: Monthly business updates, Line-Reviews, & Joint-Business Planning.
- Role is New York Headquarters based in order to regularly meet and collaborate with brand-Marketing teams, cross-functional Operational departments (i.e. Supply-Chain, Demand Planning) as well other key departments such as Finance.
- Manager role requires the ability to travel to Retailer meetings and select conferences.
- Manager role requires the ability to interact and present to senior leaders.
- Team-player with a willingness to lead other team members through projects.
- Identifies growth opportunities by partnering with third-party vendor to create deeper dive analysis focused on top door performance, planogram analysis, display and event performance, new item and hero item evaluation, and Joint-Business planning tracking.
- Manager is considered an Account specific expert on key category analysis and performance including competitive brands and overall category knowledge.
- 4-year college degree CPG background with 5+ years of experience working with mass-retail in a sales, marketing, or category management capacity.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time.
Mission Critical Competencies
- Ability to project manage
- Strong & effective business communication- written and oral skills
- Achievement Orientation
- Information seeking & problem solving mind set
- Adaptable/flexible in changing environment
- Conceptual & Strategic Thinking
- Organizational Awareness
- Teamwork & Cooperation
- Functional/Technical Expertise
- Industry knowledge
- L’Oreal product knowledge
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.