Reports to: Customer Marketing Director
Located in: Minneapolis- open to relocating candidates
The Shopper Marketing Manager role supports the Field Sales team in managing key Account(s). Manager’s role is to work with both internal and external partners in the development and execution of go-to-market brand-strategies for their specific account(s).
Roles & Responsibilities/Key Results
- Grow the Shopper Base
- Use shopper insights to develop retailer specific projects to impact shopping behavior and improve retailer performance
- Understand in depth customer shopper behaviors
- Grow shopper base and loyalty to our brand and to the retailer
- Brand Driver
- Work intimately with the National Shopper Marketing team to bring to life our brand equity in coexistence with our retailers DNA.
- Develop customer specific programs for retailers that maximize engagement
- Incorporate competitive learnings for effective account specific planning
- Relationship Builder
- Serve as the point of contact for my customers marketing, social, advertising and operations team.
- Partner with these teams to maximize our mutual businesses
- Partner closely with internal cross-functional teams on initiatives
- Creator and Visionary
- Brainstorm and create strategic account marketing initiatives
- Oversee overall spend of 360 support budget ensuring ROI
- Strong understanding that both the customer (Account) as well as the consumer (customer) are at the heart of all strategic planning and business decision making.
- Candidate should have a National understanding of the consumer-packaged goods industry as well as experience in the mass-retail environment.
- Ideal candidate is someone with a creative and entrepreneurial mindset and ability to be extremely flexible in an ever-changing environment.
- Candidate is someone who is both a strategic and analytical thinker with the ability to turn data into insights and identify new opportunities to grow the business.
- Manager assists NAM in developing comprehensive Account specific objectives and strategic priorities based off Brand’s National strategy with the goal to grow brands at key Retailer- contributing to the growth of Active Cosmetics Division and LUSA.
- Manager will assist NAM by proactively leading analytical projects focused on outcome project performance and provide recommendations for future opportunities.
- Manager will participant in strategic Retailer meetings including: Monthly business updates, Line-Reviews, & Joint-Business Planning.
- Role is field based in order to regularly meet and collaborate with account team, remote collaboration with NY based marketing teams is essential
- Manager role requires the ability to travel to Retailer meetings and select conferences.
- Manager role requires the ability to interact and present to senior leaders.
- Team-player with a willingness to lead other team members through projects.
- Manager is considered an Account specific expert on key category analysis and performance including competitive brands and overall category knowledge.
- 4 year college degree
- Consumer Products background with 5-7 years of experience working with mass-retail in a sales, marketing, or category management capacity.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time.
Mission Critical Competencies
- Ability to project manage
- Strong & effective business communication- written and oral skills
- Achievement Orientation
- Information seeking & problem solving mind set
- Adaptable/flexible in changing environment
- Creative thinker
- Conceptual & Strategic Thinking
- Organizational Awareness
- Teamwork & Cooperation
- Functional/Technical Expertise
- Industry knowledge
- L’Oreal product knowledge
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.