POSITION TITLE: Manager of Global Finance NYX DMI
REPORTS TO: VP of Global Finance NYX DMI
PRIMARY LOCATION: El Segundo, California
We are looking for a Finance Manager to join our NYX Professional Makeup team in the Consumer Products Division of L’Oreal USA. The Finance Manager will coordinate and prepare the operational budgets/trends, conduct the monthly close process, manage the preparation of the financial reporting and analytics for NYX DMI (Compass, Magnitude, and SAP), flag and present budgetary risks/opportunities to Management, and actively help drive local compliance with L’Oreal Group internal control standards.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Budget control & optimization:
- Anticipate the budgeting/trending cycle to help drive and impact bottom-up constructions
- Autonomously balance risks/opportunities to protect budgets & profit commitments
Monthly close & reporting
- Ensure the adequate accrual of all incurred expenses via the LUSA PO module and prepare all closing entries
- Ensure data consistency and send monthly actuals from SAP to Compass for official Group consolidation
- Update, check, & distribute monthly Compass reports/books
- Ensure data reliability & compliance with monthly deadlines
- Continuously seek ways to replace excel reports with Compass (“simplicity!”)
- Exchange with NYX US & LUSA DMIs to gather best practices in leveraging Compass (simulations, business analysis, reporting)
- Regularly share expertise among team.
- Ensure compliance with Group Purchase-to-Pay norms
- Ensure compliance with Group media purchasing norms
- Ensure compliance with LUSA T&E policy
- Educational Degree(s) – Master’s Degree in Business or Finance (minimum Bachelor’s degree)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- 3+ years of experience in Business Finance (FMCG industry knowledge a plus)
- Prior experience working with SAP preferred
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with attention to details
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Self-motivated with a strong bias for action and ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Achieves results with integrity
- Manages complexity and drives change
- Ability to network and foster relationships to support collaborative working
- Capable of influencing teams and individuals to achieve results, with minimal direction
- A confident and experienced presenter who can communicate at all levels
- Interacts effectively: excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
- Ability to bring creative ideas to life
NYX Professional Makeup is a modern, digitally-native makeup brand on the forefront of today’s emerging beauty trends. A leader in the global color cosmetics industry, NYX Professional Makeup is an affordable professional makeup line with every shade, color and tool needed to create makeup artistry at every level. Rooted in a professional artistry heritage, NYX Professional Makeup boasts a successful multi-channel approach at the forefront of digital and retail. A social media pioneer, NYX Professional Makeup is one of the most influential and top-ranked brands, and is followed by top beauty vloggers, Instagram stars, and their millions of fans. While headquartered in the heart of Los Angeles, NYX Professional Makeup is a global brand available in more than 70 countries at thousands of retailers consisting of specialty beauty and fashion stores, freestanding shops and beauty supply stores, as well as on www.nyxcosmetics.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.