Job Title: Manager – Human Resources
FLSA status: Exempt
Supervisor Title: AVP Human Resources
Location: Florence, KY
Provide Human Resources generalist support to the L’Oréal organization with a focus on professional recruitment, manpower planning, employee relations and operations support. Participate in various Operations related projects in response to the changing needs and objectives of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree required : Master’s degree and/or certifications are preferred;
- 5+ years relevant experience supporting a manufacturing environment;
- Strong MS Office computer skills: Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Experience with HRIS systems
- Experience with applicant tracking systems;
- Experience with recruiting for all levels within an organization;
- Knowledge of compensation principles, salary planning, EEO, human resources policies, procedures, practices and laws;
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written), strong professional judgment and sound decision-making skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to achieve focused results;
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to successfully handle multiple concurrent tasks/assignments simultaneously; Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy;
- Ability to interface effectively with every level of the organization;
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, business acumen, leadership skills;
- Demonstrated ability to professionally deal with confidential matters a must;
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Cultural Steward
- Talent Manager
- Strategic Vision
- Achieves Results with Integrity
- Interacts Effectively
- Manages Complexity
- Leads with Human Sensitivity
- Demonstrates Entrepreneurship
General Job Duties:
The functions of the Human Resources Manager include, but are not limited by the following:
- Recruit for open positions for the manufacturing and distribution organization;
- Assist Director in employee relations including coaching, progressive discipline and interpretation of Human Resource policies;
- Target recruitment sources to generate quality candidates in a timely manner and provide guidance in recruitment and selection. Travel to selected campuses for corporate presentations and on-site interviews to support talent pool;
- Assist with training strategies and activities to build organizational effectiveness;
- Provide leadership and support to operations team to build an organization motivated to achieve operational goals and focused on process improvement;
- Lead organizational design and process improvement opportunities;
- Manage compensation system and other reward systems and make recommendations for continued improvement;
- Manage performance management process that improves the contribution of individuals and teams to greater business performance;
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed. Plans, and organizes activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Implements and annually updates compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; analyzes compensation; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Must display a high degree of sensitivity in dealing with employees’ work-related concerns and problems;
- Makes Human Resource decisions in sensitive areas using discretion, sound judgment and an assessment of the situation in order to formulate a valid resolution;
- Must have a sense of urgency and service orientation, with a high level of flexibility and responsiveness required;
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.