Сфера деятельности: Information Systems
Тип должности: Permanent
Тип занятости: Full - Time
Место расположения: New Jersey - Berkeley Heights
Страна: United States
Berkeley Heights, NJ
Manager, IT Applications - Data Warehouse
This role is responsible for the technical operations, development, monitoring, maintenance and software for the US Data Warehouse and related applications. The candidate will work with the BI and ETL team, both onshore and offshore, to ensure a reliable, optimally performing and accurate Data Warehouse with an emphasis on Data Quality and Performance Management.
- Define and manage the support services and supervise the application functioning, optimizing the application development, and performance (from the "service catalog" or on request) and delivering service in accordance with established SLAs.
- Ensure the corrective, evolutionary and technical maintenance of the data warehouse and related applications; coordinate the different interventions needed in order to deal with maintenance on level 2 and 3 issues; identify project risks and define action plans to mitigate; and manage escalations, crises and exceptional situations and resolution steps.
- Analyze and become proficient in batch jobs and processes, schedules, dependencies. Collaborate with production support team in guiding analysis, resolution of issues and improvements.
- Perform source system analysis, data profiling, and design mapping logic between source systems and the data warehouse.
- Develop, design, and optimize complex SQL queries.
- Create data extraction, cleansing and load programs to move data from source systems to the data warehouse.
- Conduct ETL code reviews and be engaged in performance monitoring, overseeing production support and deployments in L'Oreal’s SQL data warehouse environments.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and provide assistance for ETL / SSIS.
- Develop methods for proactively monitoring query and ETL performance and come up with suggestions for improvements.
- Perform code review and deployment of ETLs.
- Assess weaknesses within the current environment, recommend improvements to the database environments.
- Do general technical troubleshooting and give recommendations to development teams.
- Implement POCs to evaluate new technologies/methods to find potential solutions.
- Serve as a project resource – research, testing, implementation, training etc.
- Work in collaboration with development teams, data warehouse teams, data analyst teams and the DBAs.
- Build and maintain positive working relationship by effectively communicating and regularly sharing information and knowledge with team members and colleagues.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.
- College / University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Extensive Experience (7 years+) with Microsoft SQL Server (2016), ETL, SSIS
- Ability to analyze, build and optimize complex SQL database and MDX queries.
- Extensive Experience (7 years+) with MSSQL database design/ Data Warehouse / Data Mart modeling and implementation
- Extensive experience in building and optimizing SSAS Cubes
- Solid experience in shell scripting, Coding Scripts, Procedures, functions, etc.
- Skills required in Transact-SQL, SSIS packages, SQL Agent jobs, SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) and Active X scripting.
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI or other Visualization tools a plus
- Experience with Open Source databases, Hadoop architecture, and Python a plus
- Ability to detect possible data contradictions and inconsistencies
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Strong knowledge of software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines / SLA agreements
◄ Назад к списку вакансий