Information Technology - Digital IT
Hudson Yards, New York NY 10001
Our hybrid work model means that you will have two days of working from home each week.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
At L'Oréal, our ambition is to become the #1 BeautyTech company, meaning inventing the beauty of the future while becoming the company of the future. The role will be responsible for a Data Engineer/Architect across broad portfolio of applications with Digital Marketing, CRM, eCommerce and enterprise data assets. It is a critical role to enable the future of Omni Retail products and the seamless integration of data and analytical solutions across platforms. This role will provide leadership via mentoring and partnership with other architects and data stewards in the organization. As part of our Digital Transformation roadmap, we are designing and implementing the next generation of advanced and flexible tech products to enable business growth across multi-channel commerce and marketing by leveraging a thorough understanding of 1P/3P selling and optimization of aspects like Order Management, Media, content management and Supply Chain.
The individual in this role must demonstrate creatively, foresight and mature judgement as they anticipate and solve complex business problems. The position is challenged to identify problems quickly and correctly which otherwise elude. Projects typically would include multiple application solutions, multiple digital technologies across various architectures. The person in the role will solve the problems with the best course of action within the departmental guidelines from existing solutions and works independently. The individual communicates for needed investments and architectural changes or business needs is critical to ensure solutions can be created to meet the strategic business capability needs.
- Understand business priorities and success measures to design and implement the right data solutions.
- Have a strong hand on experience in Data Engineering and displays eminence in modern data architectures across the organization.
- Lead architecture design, define and implement end-to-end modern data platforms in support of AI and analytics use cases.
- Development of design standards, design patterns and test procedures.
- Collaborate with data architects, ETL developers, engineers, BI developers/data scientists, and information designers to identify and define required data structures, formats, pipelines, metadata, and workload orchestration capabilities.
- Be instrumental in growing and mentoring a pool of talented Data Transformation practitioners.
- Provide thought leadership and new perspectives on how to leverage GCP cloud services and capabilities.
- Initiate and deliver strategic roadmaps and gain commitment for enterprise level architecture
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community.
- Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the resourcing process; actively participate in hiring and retention activities.
Profile & Required Experience:
- 6+ years of overall experience in product and/or data architecture, data engineering.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in STEM areas such as Computer Science, Information Management, Big Data & Analytics, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in providing technical leadership from design to implementation of creative data solutions involving GCP (Big query, data flow, data proc, pub/sub, spark/PySpark, python, SQL etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in architecting solutions for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of traditional and non-traditional sources such as structured, unstructured, and semi-structured using SQL, NoSQL and data pipelines for real-time, streaming, batch and on-demand workloads.
- Strong understanding of Agile SDLC implementation in public cloud eco systems including environment management, test automation, CI/CD, resource optimization
- 2+ years of experience in analytics/data management strategy formulation, architectural blueprinting, business case development and effort estimation of disruptor based analytics on GCP.
- Needs to have worked with software configuration management environments and tools such as JIRA, Git, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Confluence
- Familiarity with Data Analytics products such as Power BI, tableau and Looker
- Background in CPG/Retail or eCommerce background
- Ability to teach/coach/mentor others virtually and in-person, especially on GCP data and analytics services
- GCP Data Engineering or Cloud Architect Certification
You are missing some hard skills? It's ok! You will be mentored by seniors to grow your practice and autonomy. This job will rapidly move to Lead responsibilities.
L'Oréal is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.