Job: Launch Manager
Division: Consumer Products
Location: North Little Rock
Reports to: Logistics Director
For more than a century, L’Oreal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementary of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L'Oreal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
The Logistics Launch Manager’s primary purpose is to serve as a project manager for all new product launches, promotions, or other special programs.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Track the delivery of materials in support of new products or programs.
- Evaluate project timelines and provide feedback to the Division/s in terms of feasibility.
- Provide solutions to bottlenecks impeding launch implementation
- Manage deployment of production plans for launches and promos through engagement with cross-functional teams.
- Interface with Supply Chain Managers on component supply availabilities.
- Deliver content to annual portfolio planning activity to ensure that expected launches/new capabilities are delivered.
- Communication with UPs via monthly meeting on new launches needs and capabilities upon issuance of completed package profile.
- Manage Launch Availabilities with MSL. Direct communication with the Supply Chain Managers and Master Schedulers on needs of launches.
- Issue monthly basis of the Launch summaries to site.
- Verify and approve accuracy of new BOM Creation.
- Ensure all operational timeline dates are met (including, but not limited to, principes, officializations, component artwork and specifications, semi- and finished good specifications, SAs , and line trials.
- Tracking the 1st production process.
- Update product availability comments in SAP Fusion system for the first 3 consecutive months of successful production.
- Clear communication with the Supply Chain Manager and Master Scheduler for transition from launch to Supply Management.
- Manage launches, promotions and substitutions if it is guided by a timeline.
- Develop the Logistics Pre-Spec for all new launch and promotional materials in concert with Supply Chain Manager.
- Oversee necessary launch-related documentation (LAFF forms, LOA initiation routing, DCA, SF placements for TPD specs, FIL code waivers)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or Supply Chain discipline required.
- 5 + years management experience in a high performance manufacturing facility - cosmetics industry preferred.
- APICS certification preferred.
- SAP Experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office Knowledge including but not limited to PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- High MS Excel proficiency (including data analysis, logic testing, pivot tables) a must.
Working Conditions (non-exempt only) – remove the section for exempt positions except in operations or supply chain roles where these may also be pertinent for certain exempt positions
- Production machinery may produce noise levels that exceed SHE’s action level. Employees are provided with and are required to wear personal hearing protection devices in these areas. Proper PPE is provided with and required to wear safety glasses, hair nets, uniform smock, steel-toed shoes (depending on specific department requirements.)
Essential Job Functions
This position requires an individual to constantly perform one and/or all of the following movements/functions:
- Must demonstrate excellent business and personal ethics.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Must have strong leadership skills with relevant experience in project management, manufacturing practices, and dealing with internal/external customers.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to interface with ALL plant and corporate personnel.
- Ability to manage change, provide program management, and achieve results.
- Ability to track production to plan.
- Share best practices throughout local area and L’Oreal Global
- Thrive within a changing organization and fast-paced work environment
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive
- Self-motivated and work independently and as a team member
- Influence team and work well in a cross-functional team
- Manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return
- Selflessly develop others
- Build positive work relationships with all levels of the company
- People Developer
- Implement and utilize the L’Oreal USA Manifesto, Behavior Charter and Competencies
Technical / Professional:
- Personal computer skills, to include experience with spreadsheets, pivot tables, presentations, graphics software and database management.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and an understanding of simplification/improvement methodologies;
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills;
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
- Ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner;
- Demonstrate 100% responsibility with regard to actions and reactions;
- Act as a responsible citizen in our company and community;
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally;
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,;
- Ability to manage in complex situation often needing to deliver innovative results;
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills;
- Results oriented;
- Must be willing to travel overnight;
- Must be willing to work flexible schedules.
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.