The L’Oréal Research & Innovation Sourcing team is looking for an ambitious and entrepreneurial Sourcing Manager to lead a diverse portfolio of Scientific services categories going across a group of internal and external partners. Working closely with a cross-functional team of Project Managers and Scientists, the Sourcing Manager is tasked with creating and sustaining strategic vendor partnerships to best execute the project plans. The focus will be on Outsourcing which includes categories such as Clinical testing, Safety testing, Consumer Evaluation, Consulting, and Collaboration, and other categories as needed.
The Sourcing Manager will interface with the laboratories (project teams) on a day-to-day basis and ensure alignment with the selection of strategic suppliers. This position requires strong communication and analytical skills. The Sourcing Manager will work with key stakeholders to determine suppliers to RFP with the goal of selecting suppliers that meet L’Oreal quality, ethical, service, innovation, sustainability, and competiveness requirements. The Sourcing Manager will contract with the selected suppliers and manage the supplier relationship with stakeholders.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Mapping the supplier market across the Americas region
- Defining the suppliers to work with in collaboration with stakeholders
- Contracting with suppliers and negotiating best possible terms and conditions for L’Oreal
- Manage supplier relationship in collaboration with stakeholders which includes supplier performance
- Ensuring L’Oreal compliance (internal stakeholders and suppliers)
- Develop strong partnerships with global Sourcing team and Legal
- Analyzing cost breakdowns and determining cost drivers
- Benchmarking with Global Sourcing and Hubs
- Creating a portfolio of projects with suppliers and stakeholders to improve efficiency and/or cost
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Sourcing
- Science background
- Experience supporting Scientific Studies (cosmetic, personal care, or pharmaceutical)
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing process
- Experience with supplier contracting and negotiations
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interface cross functionally
- Ability to influence and facilitate decision making
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.