Do you like evaluating the safety of consumer products, as well as testing and documenting raw materials and developed finished products?
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation might be exactly the place you have always been looking for!
For more than one hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives. L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
Product Safety is responsible for the safety evaluation, testing and documentation of raw materials and finished products that are developed, or acquired by L’Oréal USA, in compliance with global regulations and guidelines. This position requires an in-depth working knowledge of toxicology and safety risk assessment principles for the review and compliance of the safety of raw materials and finished products as well as the support of claims related to product safety.
If you want to learn more about our commitment to Consumer Safety, take a look inside our products! https://inside-our-products.loreal.com/
L’Oreal USA is currently seeking a talented, innovative, and experienced Manager to join our Product Safety department located at our Clark, New Jersey facility.
You Will . . .
- Provide functional direction and set objectives for their team within the Product Safety function of SRC Americas with regard to cosmetics, OTC monograph products, drugs, medical devices and chemicals throughout the product lifecycle.
- Lead and Develop a team of highly skilled technical professionals within the global Product Safety organization
- Develop a strong interface with the other US-based stakeholders, particularly R&I and Business divisions.
- Provide the expertise required to defend Group's safety policy and projects before the relevant authorities and stakeholders.
- Work with senior management on safety-related issues in terms of company responses and positions on our products and safety protocols.
- Assist in managing the long term mission of the group in evaluating raw materials and the clinical safety trials on the finished products as well as the review of health-related consumer events pertaining to products.
- Assist in working towards the harmonization of safety testing protocols and determinations of the necessary evaluations needed for raw materials and finished products.
- Follow toxicology-related issues to identify those that may have local and global regulatory impacts (CIR, RIFM, ANVISA, Health Canada, and other testing requirements of regulatory agencies).
- Define direct reporting team's objectives and ensure the team organization and skills match the needs by enhancing quality, improving service, optimizing costs and developing the skills of team members.
- Represent L’Oréal in trade associations and other external liaison scientific task forces and monitor key safety-related issues related to company interest and make recommendations to management regarding possible courses of action.
- Lead cross-disciplinary projects initiated within the Worldwide Safety Evaluation network.
- Be responsible for goal setting and career development of direct reports for continual growth of functional expertise and skills.
You Have . . .
- A PhD in Toxicology or related discipline, with 5+ years of progressive experience
- Demonstrated experience in leading, managing and developing high performing cross-functional and multi-cultural teams
- Relevant product safety expertise in the cosmetic, OTC, consumer health care, medical device and/or pharmaceutical industries, with global vision of the profession
- Participated in various technical & liaison organizations within the industry
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- The ability to analyze and summarize complex safety-related issues and initiatives for key business target audiences.
- Proven leadership skills with a strong results orientation, positive "hands on" attitude and a sense of urgency to get things done with demonstrated grace and even temperament under pressure.
- Full proficiency in English, additional Spanish or French language skills a plus
You Are . . .
- Authorized to work in the US on a permanent, ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.