The Kiehl’s Consumer Activation team sets the strategy for all consumer-facing touchpoints, including search, paid media and paid content. The Manager, SEO Content Strategy will sit on this team and lead the strategic vision of SEO for the brand, including the necessary optimizations of content and all PDP’s for both Kiehl’s and retailer.com.
This role will also be a consultant on the technical foundation of SEO for Kiehl’s.com and advise on prioritization, strategic roadmap and brand voice.
This role will also be responsible for the launch and maintenance of search-driving content for the new Kiehl’s blog, in partnership with the Senior Manager of Paid Content Strategy.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
- SEO CONTENT STRATEGY: DEVELOP SEO STRATEGY TO INCREASE KIEHL’S SHARE OF VOICE AND TRAFFIC
- Identify opportunities to create new and optimize existing content across the site by conducting keyword research, consumer insight and competitive analyses using SEO analytics tools
- Proceed launch and animation strategy with quantitative insights that inform 360 marketing strategy
- Partner with E-Commerce partners on and off-site behavior data to ensure holistic cross-functional site optimization strategies (content & tech) to improve channel traffic
- Create and maintain monthly organic search content dashboard to measure performance and inform future strategies
- Partner with SEO Technical Lead on any tech fixes for marketing content
- Partner with Paid Search Lead to ensure synchronicity across channels and minimize potential cannibalization of tactics
- PDP STRATEGY: STRENGTH KIEHL’S PDP STRATEGY ACROSS D2C AND E-RETAIL WITH SEO DATA INSIGHTS TO INCREASE TRAFFIC
- Lead data-driven PDP strategy for 125 optimizations products and new launches by conducting keyword research to identify content needs and alt imagery vision
- Standardize measurement performance and share with internal stakeholders
- Partner with key marketing stakeholders from ideation through execution
- Test and learn to find and implement white space content opportunities to create a customer friendly + cohesive online experience using testing tools (i.e. UserTesting, Optimal Workshop
- Liaise with BAM, Digital Team/Technical SEO Lead, Retailer Team, Acceleration Team to ensure sound implementation of all content on K.com and retailer.com, and within Opera tool
- EDITORIAL CONTENT STRATEGY
- Lead creation of monthly editorial content calendar by identifying monthly search trends based on SEO analytics, managing day-today with SEO agency and reviewing articles and managing CMS merchandising.
- Manage day-to-day process with SEO editorial agency
- Partner in managing Skincare Advice Blog site redesign, managing day-to-day with agency, Legal, E-Commerce, Creative and Social partners to identify creative direction, editorial franchises, influencer talent direction
- Develop 360 ideas for campaigns supporting blog content across site & in-store to drive traffic to the blog by creating testing plans and KPIs, integrating past performance learnings and managing creative briefs for all site content.
- Partner with E-Commerce & Content counterparts to ensure a holistic article content support plan
- Maintain editorial content performance dashboards and reports to provide key highlights, challenges/risk, opportunities to broader team and to inform future strategies
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- BS/BA degree required
- Experience working with Demandware (Salesforce) & JIRA
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, DOMO, Google Optimize and User Testing Tools
- Deep organic search knowledge across website technology, search measurement tools (e.g. Brightedge, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, etc.) and organic content disciplines required
- Entrepreneurially spirited; strong work ethic and customer driven
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to build successful relationships at all levels of the organization and cross-functionally with varying levels of technical expertise
- Ability to effectively present information to an individual or group, both written and verbally
- Solid understanding of eCommerce and high-volume online retail businesses
Highly organized with proven multi-tasking ability
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.