JOB TITLE: Manager - Shows & Events
REPORTS TO: Director - Shows & Events
DEPARTMENT: Education & Shows
LOCATION: St. Petersburg, FL (SalonCentric National Operations Center)
SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oréal USA, is the premiere distributor in the United States of salon professional products. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
The Show & Event Manager assists in all aspects of SalonCentric multi-line shows and education events larger than 400 attendees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly lead the planning, production, and execution of our live & blended professional beauty events, with specific attention to the unique objectives of each initiative
- Align with Omin-Channels on targets and build strong internal cross-functional partnerships to drive alignment and execution of event deliverables
- Serve as producer for virtual shows ranging from 200-5,000 attendees.
- Create, customize, and configure virtual event registration pages.
- Act as a liaison between brands, educators, and internal departments. Obtain class descriptions, formats, outlines, bios, etc. from the manufacturer and regional education teams for Event/Show marketing collateral.
- Facilitate information flow between Creative Services; source creative assets and information from brands, and manage the proofing/approval process of Event/Show collateral.
- Partner with Social Media, PR, DDX, and Sales to ensure successful events
- Work with the creative/marketing team to provide feedback and ideas to improve and elevate the ideas.
- Ideate and collaborate to improve and produce experiences that inspire audiences to connect, learn and engage.
- Research new vendors and keep abreast of the latest technologies and audience experiences
- Keep all department stakeholders informed throughout project life cycle: pre-event, live-event, and post-event
- Maintain/coordinate the Professional Product Division (PPD) and Partner Brand show contracts and accurate floorplan details and schematics for all events; update the team regularly during the show season.
- Work with Continuing Education Manager to manage the necessary continuing education documentation and coordination for any multi-line shows or education events
- Coordinate Event/Show registration and lead management; work with the brand partners & event platforms to support ticket sales and registration, and implement unified registration system. Implement improvements by utilizing the latest marketplace and industry practices and technology trends.
- Work with Regional Education Teams, Internal and Partner Brands to coordinate staffing and housing, as well as shipping and receiving of product & display items to and from events.
- Track all event deadlines, ensuring that the team is on time and on-task, and communicate the details to the Show and Education teams both internally and externally.
- Manage site logistics for all events (floorplan, utilities, etc.)
- Maintain an accurate accounting of show expenses, updating specific P&L budgets as necessary.
- Coordinate display resources (equipment, materials and labor) from multiple locations (headquarters, satellite offices, warehouse facilities and show sites) to ensure optimum efficiency and planning.
- Participate in post-event analysis with Show Team to improve event effectiveness.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 3-5 years of related professional experience, with a minimum of 2 years specialized in show/event management. Experience in the Professional Salon Industry preferred
- Up to 30-40% travel required (including overnight and/or weekends).
- Strong demonstrated planning skills, with very specific attention to detail.
- Adaptability to the changing demands of live and virtual events.
- Strong mathematical abilities & computer skills in MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Outlook.
- Excellent organizational ability and time management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or professional industry certification strongly preferred. High school education or GED required
- CMP certification strongly preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Vendor/venue negotiation experience
- Position requires packing of show product & displays, and standing for several hours continuously during shows/events.
SALON CENTRIC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND AFFORDS EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL APPLICANTS FOR ALL POSITIONS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, GENDER (INCLUDING PREGNANCY), NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION OR ANY OTHER STATUS PROTECTED UNDER LOCAL, STATE OR FEDERAL LAWS.