POSITION TITLE: Manager - Social Media Data Analytics (Kiehl's DMI)
DEPARTMENT: Communications and Social Media
REPORT TO: WW Assistant Vice President, Social Media
The Data Analyst provides rigorous analytics and market information across multiple platforms that supports global social media strategy. The Analyst is responsible for being an expert on social listening, analytics, performance tracking and reporting across a variety of social media platforms, including Asian channels like WeChat, Weibo, and Line. The Analyst should be collaborative and be able to go beyond numbers to create and present key insights that can assist with content and image optimization, capitalizing on real time consumer conversations, influencer strategy, and continuously evolving our platform strategy worldwide toward our markets. Our goal is to drive awareness for total Kiehl’s and best represent the brand in the social space with our customers-- increasing the size and engagement of our communities, amplifying our advocate community online and driving sales to Kiehls.com and create a synergistic experience in all POS.
- Identify and embed best practices in measurement for paid, owned, and earned social platforms
- Perform in depth and ongoing audits and analysis of total Kiehl’s social footprint
- Track, measure and report on various social metrics such as growth, engagement, conversation, amplification, and leads across owned channels worldwide to guide overall social platform strategy
- Inform strategy and recommendations for the ongoing developing of global platforms on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Weibo, WeChat, Line and others with data driven metrics and insights
- Report on category and competitor insights
- Work cross-functionally to report back on campaign learnings, best practices and data driven optimization for future social campaigns
- Educate cross functional partners and local markets on social media measurement KPI development
- Responsible for day to day relationship with all social intelligence partners
- Support social media department KPIs with data and research
These job responsibilities are subject to change in accordance with business necessity. Other duties as assigned. VALUES:
Support the overall global social media strategy as well as drive individual initiatives, research and reporting. Successful employee should be adaptable in using their organizational skills to prioritize tasks and opportunistic in taking ownership of various projects. Have the urgency to anticipate busy schedules and teamwork to communicate with other members of the department to complete assignments on time and accurately. Possess openness in their problem solving and integrity in their research to effectively address the needs of the company.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Must have 5-7 years of experience working with data, analytics, insights, intelligence and reporting
- Must have advanced working knowledge of social intelligence across a variety of social platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Weibo, WeChat, etc.)
- A passion for data, analytics, insights and trends and ability to cull through and provide actionable insights to guide overall global social media measurement strategy across all media types including video and live content
- Ability to see the bigger picture—to use data to affect real business priorities
- Ability to translate technical data to actionable insights for cross functional teams
- Enjoy solving problems and data mining
- Understanding of the customer journey
- Ability and familiarity with capturing social intelligence through Google Trends and search
- Develop tactics that will meet or exceed the long-term goals and short-term objectives for the worldwide Social Media and Communications team
- Support the identification of leading edge social media data and technology opportunities for measurement, strategy and research
- Excellent communication skills and ability to translate data to various departments and stakeholders
- Advanced experience with a variety of data and analytics tools including Sprinklr, Spredfast, Traackr, Tribe, social listening platforms, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.