Job Title: Carrier Development, Manager / Sr. Manager
Reports to: Director, Transportation Services
Location: Cranbury, NJ
Position Overview: This role will provide transportation leadership in the development of carrier relationships, network capabilities and performance management processed for the L’Oréal transportation function. In addition, the carrier development manager will provide data driven insights, robust analytics and be responsible for delivering next-level performance of our carrier base as we continue to expand the scope and complexity of L’Oréal’s logistics network.
- Create and maintain a suite of KPIs and metrics that support desk level accountability, manager oversight and executive tracking
- Identify optimization opportunities for increased carrier capacity, load sharing, mode conversion through the lens of delivering improved service and cost
- Establishing leading indicators to anticipate capacity or cost challenges
- Through analytics and visualization, identify root causes to uncover and address performance gaps
- Management of carrier base through monitoring and communication of performance results
- Collect, analyze and manage quantitative data and create carrier performance profiles and ad hoc reporting to lead to service improvements
- Own daily, weekly and monthly service reporting according to L’Oréal internal stakeholder and external customer requirements
- Building partnerships with key carriers while also organizing routine performance reviews, publishing carrier scorecards and driving process improvement activities
- Own transportation functional support for domestic and international sourcing activities from data collection to implementation
- Support carrier negotiation of line-haul rates, accessorial and fuel costs along with ensuring accurate TMS system Rating & Routing Guides for both dry and temperature controlled loads.
- Collaborate with Sourcing and Transportation Operations to increase supplier conversions, load-fill improvements
- Identify gaps in carrier lane coverage, partnering with strategic & core carriers to ensure service performance standards are met for produce loads
- Partner with Sourcing to negotiate with carriers on rates when required to mitigate cost increases and/or improve service performance
- Serve as knowledge center for industry insights and market trends to better understand pricing and capacity opportunities and constraints
- BS degree in Business, Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain or related field
- 5-10+ years Transportation Experience with 2-3 years demonstrated experience in carrier development
- Strong written and oral communication skills combined with the ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads. Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Exceptionally strong Excel and MS office skills, data visualization competency preferred
- Organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to establish and prioritize workload in order to meet team and company goals using good business judgment
- Must be able to lead and manage competing priorities by multi-tasking and meeting all deadlines and flexibility with continually changing priorities while providing high quality customer service
- Ability to manage multiple priorities as well as flexibility to adapt to change with new systems and methods while working in a team environment
- Ability to self-direct but also comfort in working closely with our brokerage and customer groups
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.