Job Title: Manager/Sr. Manager, Human Resources, HR Operations–Professional Products Division
Department: Human Resources
Division: Professional Products Division
Location: New York, NY
Reports to: Group Vice President, Human Resources
For more than a century, L’Oreal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
The Professional Products Division (PPD) comprises some of the best salon brands, Redken, Matrix, Pureology, Mizani, Kerastase, Pulp Riot and more. Our portfolio is balanced across distribution channels, product categories and caters to the Professional Salon Industry.
In this role you will be a partner and collaborator for the PPD HR team for all core HR Operations. Primary responsibility would be: People Analytics Specialist delivering impact by transforming data and analysis into insights and recommendations. Provide analytical leadership across PPD’s People Functions (Recruiting, Learning & Development, Career Development, Recruitment, One HR and Talent Management)
This position will also be the PMO for Simplicity/Pulse to drive the results into actions while driving the PPD Champions strategies. You will also be responsible for the PPD Headcount analysis and meeting planning.
Key areas of focus and data: CEO Dashboard, SMART/Simplicity Action Items, Pulse, Affirmative Action Planning, Headcount & Trend Planning, Salary Exercise Management for PPD, Compensation planning, Recruitment and D&I Metrics.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Partner with the HR Team to ensure deep understanding of all HR processes and priorities; provide resources, tools, and materials for leaders to build and drive actionable plans, including toolkits and timelines to ensure compliance across the full Division
- Gain deep knowledge and understanding of headcount process and partner with Salary Planning and broader HR team to ensure accuracy of headcount planning and management each trend cycle
- Execute key strategies as it relates to all HR core presses across the division including Salex process and planning, Sales Incentive planning and execution, freelance management, etc.
- Ideate new ways of working to ensure we support HR Partners in working streamlined, effective, and have the resources needed to make strategic data driven decisions
- Work closely with HR Business partners to ensure compliance and completion of key millstones of core processes
- Numbers oriented with a will to deep dive into data to create various simulations to story tell and drive results of projects
- Work on key strategic PPD special projects
HR Business Partner
- Trusted Advisor: Partner with key business leaders in translating business data that drives business success.
- Collaboration across the PPD Team to ensure all exceptional operation levels of the HR function.
- Forward thinking to bring trends and deep analysis to drive the PPD HR team forward.
- Strategize on special projects that are needed to drive operational excellence of the function.
HR As a Change Agent
- Lead Simplicity for the division by regularly holding SMART champion meetings, be the liaison to the corporate Simplicity team, and work with PPD ManCom to continuously improve PPD’s Pulse results and increase overall engagement.
- Will be the liaison to our HRIS team for the pivotal rollout of OneHR.
- Undergraduate degree
- 3-5 years of HR experience
- Demonstrated leadership, communication (verbal/written), negotiation, presentation, facilitation, organization, and interpersonal skills
- High degree of emotional intelligence, intellect, and executive presence
- Navigating & driving solutions in fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Must have a sense of urgency and results/service orientation with a high degree of flexibility, adaptability, resourcefulness, and responsiveness; ability to handle fast pace and operate with ambiguity
- Data orientation, fluency in analysis to provide business recommendations and story tell
- Employee Development: manage careers by building relationships, providing counsel, and identifying training opportunities for junior client group and offer opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Keen attention to detail, ensuring consistent accuracy
- Exceptional skills in excel and Microsoft suit
- Can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately
- Has broad knowledge and perspective
- Is future oriented
Acts as trusted advisor
- Can present the truth in an appropriate and helpful manner
- Keeps confidences
- Admits mistakes
Acts/Leads with Human Sensitivity
- Demonstrates respect, develops others, enriches team dynamics
- Listens and communicates effectively, actively networks. Ability to inspire and influence without authority.
- Reasons from multiple perspectives, makes sound decisions
Achieves Results with Integrity
- Conveys energy, focuses on results, acts with integrity
- Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions, promotes team creativity
- Takes initiative, focuses on customers, improves business performance, develops a vision
Displays Sensitivity to the “Métier” of L’Oreal
- Focuses on quality, builds knowledge of the beauty and retail business, understands beauty/skincare landscape and its competitors
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.