Job Title: Manager/Sr. Manager-Regulatory Affairs
Location: Clark, NJ
L'Oréal USA is the largest subsidiary of the L'Oréal Group, the worldwide leader in beauty. L'Oréal USA manages a portfolio of 36 iconic global beauty brands, including Essie Cosmetics, Garnier, Giorgio Armani Beauty, Kérastase, Kiehl’s, Lancôme, L’Oréal Paris, Maybelline New York, NYX Professional Makeup, Redken, Soft-Sheen Carson, Carol’s Daughter, Urban Decay and Yves Saint Laurent Beauté. In addition to corporate headquarters in New York City, L'Oréal USA has Research & Innovation, Manufacturing & Distribution facilities and brand headquarters across 14 other states with a workforce of more than 10,000 employees. For more information, visit www.LorealUSA.com or follow on Twitter @LOrealUSA.
Oversee Environmental and Transport Regulatory Compliance Programs
- Requires strong familiarity with waste, water, air, emergency response and hazardous materials transport (domestic and international) regulations.
- Able to maintain expert knowledge with updated and proposed regulations in covered fields.
- Develop regulatory summaries and guidance documents to assist in local program implementation at the facility level.
- Provide technical support to all business areas regarding permitting, registration and reporting.
- Effectively communicate with local, state and federal agencies during audits, regulatory submittals and enforcement actions.
- Coordinate environmental due diligence and participate in media sampling and remediation activities as needed.
- Maintain compliance calendar for all regulatory requirements.
Hazard Assessment and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) Preparation
- Comprehensive knowledge of OSHA Hazard Communication Standard 2012 (GHS)
- Responsible for preparation of GHS compliant safety data sheets (SDS)
- Responsible for maintaining chemical hazard classification database for raw materials and final formulations.
- Dissemination of hazard classification data to all business areas through maintenance of electronic databases.
- Classification of materials consistent with OSHA hazard communication, EPA/state hazardous waste and domestic/international transport regulations.
- Recognition and anticipation of hazards and interactions based on chemical properties and structures.
Performance of Training and Auditing
- Requires ability to interface professionally and communicate effectively with employees at all level as well as vendors and government officials.
- Conduct regulatory compliance audits on a scheduled basis at internal and external (e.g. hazardous waste disposal facilities) sites.
- Prepare audit reports to appropriately communicate findings and required follow-up actions.
- Develop and implement training programs in coordination with regulations and corporate directives.
- Coordinate external training classes, maintain records and create knowledge based reviews to certify adequacy of training.
- BS/BA Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Environmental Science preferred
- Professional certification preferred (CHMM, ASP/CSP, CIH)
- Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to adapt to home-grown databases
- 3 – 7 years of experience in environmental compliance and hazard assessment
- Strong knowledge of environmental, transport and safety regulations.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Ability to effectively engage employees.
- Strong interactive management and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented and able follow-through with projects.
- Commitment of individual and organizational continual improvement.
- Ability to initiate and lead cross-functional team to achieve objectives
- Able to manage multiple projects/tasks and properly prioritize workload
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered. #DDIR