Position Overview: Works under the general direction of the Warehouse, Packaging and Processing Supervisors or other supervision as designated by the Employer. The Material Handler is responsible for keeping the warehouse and production activities running efficiently and safely within the established quality and production standards. The Material Handler will supply production areas with components, raw materials, bulk, and finished goods from various warehouse locations.
- Load, unload, and move materials within the plant and warehouse by reading work orders/invoices or by following oral instructions.
- Load materials into vehicles or convey materials to and from storage or worksite to designated areas by safely operating Powered Industrial Trucks (PIT) equipment including scissors lift, sit down and stand up forklifts, double deeps, taylor dunns, powered hand trucks, or other devices.
- Must be willing to and successfully pass a test to determine the ability to safely operate all types of PIT equipment. The test may be written, oral or practical and one of each type may be given if deemed necessary by the Employer.
- Count, weigh, and record the number of units of materials moved or handled on a daily transaction sheet and/or in computer system.
- Perform timely and accurate inventory transactions in the inventory tracking IT system.
- Attach identifying tags or labels to material or mark information on cases or other containers.
- Handle a variety of raw materials in packaging or container form as necessary for manufacturing operations, utilizing mechanical equipment as required.
- Responsible for movement, documentation and supply of incoming components and bulk to the packaging lines and finished product and materials from the lines to the staging area.
- Responsible for movement, documentation and supply of incoming raw materials to and from the warehouse and pre-weigh areas.
- Perform accurate cycle counting functions as directed, to include weighing of raw materials when required.
- Responsible for replacing non-conforming pallets with grade A pallets as required by hygiene standards.
- Change and wrap pallets manually or by using a machine.
- Clean internal plastic pallets as required by hygiene standards.
- Abide by all GMP, hygiene, and safety standards in the operation of equipment and handling of finished goods, components, bulk, raw materials, and particles.
- Clean pallets on the inbound and in warehousing areas with cleaning systems provided as required by hygiene standards.
- Assist in the operation of the department with particular care toward, quality control, safety, housekeeping, production control and L’Oreal operating procedures.
- Participation in continuous improvement opportunities.
- Communicate orally with supervisors, other employees, vendors, and clients.
- Complete paperwork and computer work.
- Assist other warehouse employees as needed or required.
Educational or Certification Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience in a manufacturing/warehouse environment
Tools and Equipment Used in Job/Environmental Factors:
- Must wear all proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Fork lifts, including but not limited to, motorized pallet jacks, walker stackers, narrow aisle reach trucks and turret trucks.
- Must be proficient in the English language (Able to speak and write effectively).
- Must be capable of doing repeated bending, lifting and standing for long hours.
- Must be able to work off shifts, including overtime.
*Hourly Rate: $23.39 + $0.75 shift differential, plus full benefits (medical, dental, vision, pension and 401K).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.