The L’Oreal Tech Incubator group is looking for an ambitious junior engineer to work alongside senior engineers, product managers and designers within the group. The person should have an interest in learning about connected hardware product testing requirements and new technologies.
In the course of this role, there will be exposure to the latest technology in connected devices, user experience concerns, projects that combine hardware & software, and cosmetics formulation. The incubator team works across all of L’Oreal’s many brands and helps to find opportunities to bring the latest technologies to market in the cosmetics world.
Position will be based in Clark, NJ with expected occasional domestic travel (<5%)
- Design and execution of experiments related to connected hardware projects
- Design of fixtures for testing/experiments
- Creating executive level reports of experiment results and recommendations
- Assist with in-store device setup and/or PR events for pilot program launches
- Providing input on the expansion of the Tech Incubator in-house lab
DESIRABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- BS in Mechanical Engineering preferred (no more than 1yr Post graduate) or a (rising) senior working towards a BS from a 4-5 year engineering program; would also consider Electrical Engineers with some level of mechatronic experience
- Experience with mechatronics (electro-mechanical systems) a plus
- Some proficiency with CAD software (SolidWorks) preferred
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PPT
- Exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to work in the USA on an ongoing basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.