At L’Oréal Active Cosmetics, our mission is to help everyone in their quest for healthy and beautiful skin. Our division is the world leader in dermo-cosmetics by adding health to beauty. Our brands portfolio includes CeraVe, La Roche-Possay, Vichy, SkinCeuticals offering a range of skincare and haircare products to respond to all expectations linked to beauty and health of the skin.
Job Title: Manager, Category Development
Reports to: Director, Category Development
Location: New York, NY
The Category Development Manager, under the guidance of a Category Development Sr. Manager, is responsible for providing reporting and analytical support to field sales and internal teams to better understand business performance and strategic opportunities. Responsible for standard reporting and custom analysis across categories for key retailers as well as maintaining knowledge of the category, consumer, shopper, and competitive activity utilizing internal, syndicated, and secondary data to identify performance drivers and value-creating opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop, distribute, and maintain key standard reporting
- Manage relationships with third party vendors for data access and reporting needs.
- Serve as lead contact point and analytical category support for field sales.
- Work closely with account managers in the field to provide category overviews, opportunity analysis and selling stories.
- Communicate directly with retailers to provide analytical support and gain an understanding on trade challenges, competitive activity, and category strategy.
- Requires a national perspective of the consumer-packaged goods and beauty industry as well as experience in the mass retail environment
- Requires strategic thinking skills, creative and original in terms of new or improved methods, procedures, or ideas regarding processes.
- Responsible for all assigned projects and objectives; works in collaboration with all internal departments and Field Sales.
- Work is reviewed in terms of meeting the organization’s objectives and schedules.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time and meet required deadlines.
- Contact with marketing managers, field sales team members and other related functions and departments within New York.
- This position will provide contact and interaction with senior leadership.
- 4-year college degree
- Experience working with syndicated consumption and panel data (IRI, Nielsen)
- Candidate should possess strong analytical skills, with a CPG background preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective Business Communication written and oral skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Persuasive Presentation skills (visual and oral story telling)
- Industry knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking
- Planning and self-management
- Self-motivated and directed
- Able to balance internal and external customer demands
- Ability to perform under pressure within tight deadlines
- Decision Making Skills
- Advanced computer skills in Excel and PowerPoint
What’s In It For You:
- Salary Range: $98,200-$137,500 (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.