Key tasks include defining the short and long term growth plans, forecasting and reporting on demand, shipped, and net sales, analyzing and reporting on key ecommerce metrics, managing inventory of saleable and non-saleable products, and partnering with digital marketing and finance to ensure programs align with the overall brand strategy and P&L. In addition, this is a cross-functional position requiring strong collaboration across multiple departments including Direct to Consumer team, Marketing, Finance, and Demand Planning.
Strong emphasis is placed on communication among multiple stakeholders via email, phone and in-person meetings with individuals and groups throughout the IT Cosmetics and L’Oreal organizations.
Section 3: Job Requirements
- BS/BA degree in Finance, Mathematics, or other analytical background.
- Minimum of 5 years in Sales/Merchandise Planning or similar function.
- Must demonstrate strong knowledge in technical proficiency with Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of MS Office is a plus.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Must demonstrate solid experience in pulling, mining, and synthesizing data into stories.
- Develop bottom-up sales and inventory plans, informing financial and inventory decisions inclusive of product mix, AUR, Sellthru, and Markdown vs. Reg Selling (core vs. promo vs. launch) with ability to manage reconciliation between bottoms up and tops down targets.
- Create and distribute weekly and monthly business recaps, with emphasis on performance drivers and issues with solutions highlighted.
- Use historical data to identify essential insights around product, promotion, and inventory and apply insights to short term and long term time frames.
- Shop the site daily to evaluate how product comes to life in collaboration with merchant and site partners and make recommendations for change.
- Determine your Demand, Shipments, and Net Sales at the weekly and monthly levels.
- Must be skilled at executing within tight timeframes with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must demonstrate ability to negotiate with positive outcomes for the organization.
- Must be able to identify and drive new or improved processes and structure and be an agent of change.
- Highly organized with proven multi-tasking ability.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with Demandware a plus.
- Strong experience in web analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making
This position will be responsible for the day-to-day sales planning & reconciliation for ITcosmetics.com. Strong emphasis will be placed on analyzing large amounts of ecommerce sales and metrics (both mobile & desktop) to identify additional areas of opportunity and growth for the channel. Impact of decisions & communication will be highly visible, so strong decision making and communication skills are a must. Role will be supervised closely by Director of ECommerce, to ensure alignment of communication to various stakeholders.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.