For more than a century, L’Oreal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
The Facilities & Maintenance Manager has overall responsibility for the maintenance and improvement of facility utility systems, buildings and grounds to eliminate interruptions to ongoing operations and to support growth and modernization goals; Manages contractors, service providers and in house maintenance staff. Administers budget and ensures projects are completed safely and on schedule, supervises staff, and works effectively with all personnel to achieve daily and monthly goals.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Oversee all preventive maintenance programs for all utility, buildings and grounds
- Effectively implement maintenance excellence processes and tools to ensure reliability of all systems, equipment, and utilities
- Comply with local site permitting program, meet all OSHA and other appropriate standards
- Oversee/assure optimal functionality of building systems (HVAC, fire/life safety equipment, generators, Compressed Air, hydraulics, etc.)
- Support all facilities improvement projects and oversee all ongoing maintenance in office, factory, warehouse, docks, and waste containment areas. .
- Oversee vendors and ensure all contractors stay in good standing with respect to Isnetworld (electrical, HVAC, plumbing, and maintenance staff)
- Ensure that all requirements relating to the local site safety program are respected.
- Ensure adherence of Company Risk Management Policies/Procedures.
- Ensure all housekeeping activities meet Loreal expectations
- Ensure pest control activities meet Loreal expectations
- Use the CMMS system to properly document maintenance tasks, work instructions, preventative maintenance programs, and good management reports.
- Maintain a log on the history of repairs by type of equipment and develop improvement priorities based on trends.
- Maintain an accurate and updated list of assets including descriptions, locations, models and serial numbers
- Work closely with management to continue the implementation of maintenance excellence principles
- Oversee operating & capital budgets. Identify and implement cost savings initiatives.
- Recommend, justify, develop, and coordinate projects that modernize facility.
- Ensure all Corporate Insurance requirements are adhered to for vendors/contractors.
- Respond to afterhours facilities related emergencies and determine appropriate course of action to resolve issues.
- Perform special projects/tasks as assigned by management.
- Develop, implement, or maintain spare part inventory management program
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline with 5+ years of industrial facilities experience with emphasis on distribution
- 2 or more years of supervising experience.
- Maintenance experience to include chillers, electrical equipment, air compressors, HVAC, security systems, general shipping/receiving dock equipment, industrial trucks, racking and storage
- Strong experience with facility trades including carpentry, electric, plumbing and millwright.
- Experience with material handling equipment, office renovations, and general building maintenance (roofing, floors, overhead doors, etc.)
- Strong safety orientation and demonstrates high regards for safety culture.
- Proficient in basic Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and other database programs that are used to organize data
- Possess strong communication skills and have the ability to follow through on assigned tasks in order to be an effective representative of the company to outside vendors and contacts
- Ability to perform in a busy, changing, multi-tasking work environment while maintaining professionalism and composure
- Requires ability to physically inspect property (or properties)
- Diplomatic style with professional, positive, friendly manner; practical, “roll up your sleeves” team player work style and positive “can do” attitude
- Self-starter with demonstrated initiative, judgment, decisiveness, confidence and discretion
- High level of professionalism and sound judgment in dealing with senior managers; effectively builds relationships and resources at all levels of the organization
- Extremely well organized; ability to balance competing demands in a very busy environment
- Highly proactive; takes initiative to begin and complete projects; masterful at follow-up and tracking work projects; anticipates and executes tasks before being asked
- Flexible to accommodate last minute changes and demands from multiple sources
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Work flexible hours/shifts, as needed
- Production machinery may produce noise levels that exceed OSHA’s action level: Employees are provided with and are required to wear personal hearing protection devices in these areas
- Employees are required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment, including safety glasses, gloves and steel-toed shoes
- Share best practices throughout local area and L’Oreal Global
- Thrive within a changing organization and fast-paced work environment
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive
- Self-motivated and work independently and as a team member
- Influence team and work well in a cross-functional team
- Manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return
- Selflessly develop others
- Build positive work relationships with all levels of the company
- People Developer
- Implement and utilize the L’Oreal USA Manifesto, Behavior Charter and Competencies
Technical / Professional:
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and an understanding of simplification/improvement methodologies;
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills;
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
- Ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner;
- Demonstrate 100% responsibility with regard to actions and reactions;
- Act as a responsible citizen in our company and community;
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally;
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,;
- Ability to manage in complex situation often needing to deliver innovative results;
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills;
- Results oriented;
- Must be willing to travel overnight.
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.