Job Description Form
Job Title: Manager/Sr Manager, Human Resources
Function: Human Resources
Supervisor Title: Assistant Vice President, Human Resources
Location: Hudson Yards
Section 2: Job Summary
The Manager/Sr Manager, HR is responsible for supporting brands in the LUXE Division from an HR Business Partner standpoint. This role will partner with the VP – HR to support the LUXE US business units. They are responsible for all HR initiatives for their respective client groups and will be working with functional groups to help attract, recruit, develop, train, motivate and engage employees while aligning with the overall business strategy.
• Recruitment - Approve candidates for interview, participate in interview process and make recommendations with line management for final decisions. Responsible for integrity of all applicant flow data.
• Integration - Manage the integration of all new employees through FIT, and divisional integration programs.
• Employee development - Manage careers by building relationships, providing counsel and identifying training opportunities for junior client group and offer opportunities for personal and professional growth.
• Succession planning - Support the Talent Review meeting process with HR management.
• Organizational design effectiveness - Understand business objectives and implement organizational improvements while developing LUXE as a great place to work.
• Workforce planning and headcount management - Perform analysis of current structure and make recommendations for improvements.
• Retention strategies - Analyze internal and external data to make recommendations on retention strategies and execute program policies.
• Change management – partner with business leaders, legal and HR colleagues to lead effective change
• Employee engagement – partner with change management lead and business leaders to improve and maintain strong employee engagement as measured by Simplicity and Pulse surveys
Section 3: Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
- 3-5 yrs of related HR generalist experience required
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with sensitivity to confidentiality.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to deliver results in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient using Microsoft office
- Experience with HRIS
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making:
This position requires minimal supervision. An ideal candidate would be able to work autonomously to complete projects and assignments as well as work cross functionally to achieve short and long-term HR objectives. Training and supervision will be provided by manager, HR team and through corporate training initiatives to foster continued career growth and development.
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements:
Occasional lifting of 5-10 pounds for generic office based work
Section 6: Financial Scope (if applicable):
Annual Budget Responsibility: $N/A
Annual Revenue Responsibility: $ N/A
Section 7: Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent.
Total should = 100%
Employee development - Manage careers by building relationships, providing counsel and identifying training opportunities for client group and offer opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Workforce Planning / Organizational Effectiveness - Perform analysis of current structure and make recommendations for improvements. Understand business objectives and implement organizational improvements.
Retention strategies - Analyze internal and external data to make recommendations on retention strategies and execute program policies.
Integration - Manage the integration of all new employees through FIT, and divisional integration programs.
Recruitment – Manage interview process (in partnership with TA for most roles) and make recommendations with line management for final decisions. Responsible for integrity of all applicant flow data.
Section 8: Required Competencies:
Technical / Professional
• Employee relations - Champion work environment vision through relationships with employees, provide advice and coaching to employees and facilitate employee events.
• Total rewards compensation management - Work with Total Rewards to evaluate employee pay levels; support base pay recommendations consistent with policy guidelines.
• HR policies and programs - Interpret, apply and monitor HR policy and program opportunities to support line operations, and assure compliance.
• AAP - Communicate AAP goals and follow-up with management to assure progress against objectives.
• Work with management to establish PIPs and other disciplinary programs.
• Strategic thinking - In-depth knowledge of HR best practices and trends (i.e. recruitment strategies, people assessment, etc.).
• Business acumen - In-depth knowledge of business objectives, the people aspect of brand, category, retail dynamics, competitors, market trends and consumers.
• Compensation - In-depth knowledge of policies and process.
• Legal - Solid understanding of laws and statutes pertaining to equal opportunity employment and labor groups.
• Data management - Solid knowledge of employee data system and integration points.
• Data analysis - Evaluates data to assess business implications, and make sound recommendations.
• Sound organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Challenges the status quo and strives for excellence in execution
- Innovates beyond the product
- Seizes what is just starting and opens new ventures
- Builds a shared vision and strategic frame
- Creates strategic scenarios for growth
- Leads transformation by aligning organization and human capabilitie
- Demonstrates sound-judgement in decision-making
- Takes accountability with courage and transparency
- Builds and manages a consumer/customer centric organization
- Gives space for initiatives and enables teams to take risks
- Delivers with integrity both sustainable and short-term results
- Fosters a climate of trust and constructive confrontation
- Develops collective performance of the team
- Enhances transversal co-operation
- Actively networks for effective stakeholder management
5. People Developer
- Treats all individuals in a respectful and consistent manner
- Leverages diversity
- Stimulates learning
- Empowers and develops individuals to contribute to their best
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.