Title: Manager, Human Resources – Southeast Region
Location: Tampa/St. Petersburg, FL (open – must live within assigned territory)
Reports to: Group Director, Human Resources, Sales Division SalonCentric
SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oreal USA, is the premier distributor in the United States of salon professional products. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and distribution and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
As a business partner, the Human Resources Manager (HRM) is responsible for driving people and culture initiatives to positively impact productivity and individual performance and employee retention and development for an assigned client group for the field Southeast Sales Division. This person delivers superior customer service using a high touch approach and frequent visibility with employees to create trust and build relationships, acting simultaneously as an employee advocate and business partner with leadership.
- Responsible for the management and guidance in all employee relations issues. Ensures risk factors are assessed and appropriate management are advised.
- Manages recruitment strategy for region including candidate outreach, sourcing, interviewing, selection, and onboarding.
- Ensures timely communication for new and existing employee programs, policy and process updates.
- Ability to present and facilitate company initiatives, policies and other trainings as directed.
- Participate in the formal talent assessment and review process including identification of key talent, succession planning and leadership development.
- Leads and facilitates performance review process and annual salary planning process for assigned functional groups.
- Coach and support leaders and employees through performance issues up to and including termination decisions.
- Drive employee engagement and influence culture through observation, assessment and recommendations to leaders and organization.
- Participation in special assignments as directed by Director of Human Resources.
Candidate Experience and Competencies
- Minimum 5 years diverse and progressive Human Resources experience in a generalist capacity dealing with complex business and Human Resources issues.
- Strong appreciation and understanding of employment laws and procedures including California laws.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong computer proficiency: Experience with human resource information systems and Microsoft Office required.
- Experience partnering and influencing all levels of Management.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to successfully handle multiple concurrent tasks/assignments simultaneously.
- Demonstrated presentation skills for employee and small group meeting facilitation.
- Must be able to travel up to 15% (+) and work occasional weekends as necessary to attend and participate in divisional and/or salon industry meetings and events.
- Proven ability to coach, mentor and consult with a wide range of management and employees on daily basis and possess strong problem solving and resolution skills.
- Inspires employee trust by a handling employee issues with the utmost sensitivity, confidentiality and tact.
- Possesses competent and thorough investigative skills with attention to detail to derive solutions and analyze complex people issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills essential for success.
- Able to maintain a critical balance between employee advocacy and the company’s interests for desired outcomes.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing business requirements.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.