Come Help Us Fuel the Most Beautiful Brands in the World
Invigorate your career by joining one of L’Oréal’s family of four divisions, over three dozen global brands and multiple classes of trade. With opportunities for professional mobility across six continents and the ability to transition between business functions, categories and teams, the world’s #1 Beauty Company is a destination for any self-entrepreneur to enjoy a lifetime of diversified career experiences. If you are passionate and driven individual who thrives in a fast-paced professional environment, apply to L’Oréal Finance today and join our crusade as we fuel the most beauty brands in the world!
MANAGER, MANUFACTURING CONTROLLER
Piscataway, NJ Manufacturing Plant
Position Overview: This position supplies management with the analyses necessary for the effective management of the plant. Proactively identify risks and opportunities to management with proposed corrective actions to improve P&L results and operational performance. Leads and enforces deadlines for end-of-month, trend, budget and pre-budget. In addition, this role will act as liaison with internal departments as well as with corporate financial staff as needed.
- Manage and review operational performance in regard to labor management and efficiency performance of packaging and processing equipment
- Partner with plant management to discuss production and costing issues. Review labor reporting and cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost,
- Understand production units and tonnage impacts to operating plan
- Prepare and analyze monthly reports of results, monthly forecasts, annual operating plan, and strategic planning and alerting management of any drift
- Analyze and accurately report current month’s financial results to the plant in accordance with format and time requirements and official forms to the Group
- Ensures efficient and accurate costing for small catalog of product codes
- Perform audits of bills of materials to ensure product costs are accurate and accounted for properly. Report audit results monthly.
- Validates the industrial cost price (PRI) at budget time and during the year
- Provide direction, training, coaching and development to team and business partners where necessary on financial impacts of business actions and decisions
- Assure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Policies. Resolve questions of GAAP and internal controls as needed.
- This position manages a small staff within the finance team.
Educational or Certification Requirements:
· B.S. in Accounting or Business Administration (Accounting or Finance), MBA preferred.
· 5-10 years as plant controller or cost manager/analyst in a manufacturing environment, managing a staff, with an emphasis on cost accounting, reporting and variance analysis.
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills to supervise and review work of team members
- Able to successfully interact with business colleagues
- Independent problem-solving, thorough analytical skills; self-motivated, self-directed
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to successfully handle multiple concurrent tasks;
- Sound collaboration skills to build and maintain relationships with external and internal partners
- Good understanding of manufacturing business processes and concepts;
- Well-developed communication (verbal and written) and strong influencing skills;
- Must be able to communicate financial matters with all levels within the organization and to outside parties including auditors and vendors where necessary
- Must be a self-starter with a desire to promote and implement continuous improvement endeavors;
- Able to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to transform and present data in meaningful and impactful way
- Luxury products background preferred
Tools and Equipment Used in Job/Environmental Factors:
· Must wear all proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- SAP – cost controlling (preferred)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered. #DDIR