SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oreal USA, is the premiere distributor in the United States of salon professional products. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
Responsibility for the safety programs for the assigned Distribution facility. This individual would be accountable for the management of occupational health issues and ensure that the safety and environmental programs are applied according to the policy and regulations in force.
- Establish and implement plans to improve EH&S performance indicators
- Track and report EH&S metrics as required to the Group, local, state and federal authorities
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations for environmental and safety areas including OSHA guidelines and hazardous materials
- Ensure compliance with Group EH&S requirements
- Evaluate costs through specific analysis, research equipment and make appropriate recommendations
- Evaluate and implement best practices between distribution centers
- Participate as a key steering member of safety committee
- Conduct regulation inspections and maintain official registers
- Organize safety, health and environmental training for new employees
- Establish accident prevention measures and identify and develop safety-training programs
- Establish emergency response plan and team
- Assess departmental procedures and establish work safety standards
- Keep up to date with knowledge of industry standards
- Train and support operations in accident investigation techniques. Working with operations and Human resources, conduct in-depth investigations of accidents to determine and recommend immediate corrective action. Identify sources of physical safety hazards in facility work areas, investigate solutions and make recommendations for corrective action.
- Analyze factors that may create accidents, accident conditions, or enable multiple accidents.
- Review and assist in the adoption of standardized “Best Practices” to optimize DC safety.
- Maintain current certification in DOT Transportation and RCRA Hazardous Materials
- Coordinate all safety efforts with the General Manager and all departments within the DC.
- Identify high risk accident situations and assist various departments in the implementation of control strategies.
- Participate in any special assignments or projects relating to EH&S
- BS in Occupational Health, Safety Science, Environmental Science, Engineering or related field
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or equivalent certification highly desired
- 3–5 years EH&S experience preferably in a distribution environment
- Willing to relocate
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Strong Project Management skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exemplary leadership skills and ability to work independently
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
What We Offer
- A competitive compensation package
- Paid Vacation
- Paid holidays
- A generous benefits package with a strong company match.
At SalonCentric, we continue to focus on our people in order for them to perform at their best. That is why we offer a competitive compensation program; great benefits; and a fun, high energy, entrepreneurial environment. Visit us at www.saloncentric.com to learn more about our growing company.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.