The Active Cosmetics Operations team is looking for a passionate candidate to join its sourcing team.
The Active Cosmetics Division is the world leader in dermocosmetics, with international skincare brands recommended by health care professionals and distributed in healthcare outlets worldwide. Our brands (CeraVe, SkinCeuticals, La Roche-Posay, Vichy and Dermablend) lead the way in skincare innovation.
Be a part of the adventure and join our diverse Sourcing Team: We are a team of passionate, diverse and responsible business partners, who innovate, create value and open new frontiers to fuel L’Oréal’s growth.
Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to flawlessly execute product launches
- Supplier selection and management - from pre-assessment to implementation (in alignment with category team);
- Timely managed quoting process, providing most optimal possible costs first time;
- Partner with technical packaging and supply chain teams to ensure proper design and servicing parameters are set-up / delivered;
- Ensure proper implementation support, pro-activity addressing potential lead-time and capacity issues;
- Track & report projects progress;
- Archive required e-mails/documentation (according to L’Oréal policies & procedures);
- For CMs and non-indexed ACs: Include new SKU number(s) accompanied by all pricing details in the archived price list;
- For indexed ACs: Ensure new codes are included in the Price Breakdown Tool and treats in the tool.
Gather business and market insights/trends, translating those into sourcing actions for top and/or bottom-line improvement
- Serve as primary point of contact for brands and plants;
- Lead/Co-Lead Money-To-Value (MTV) discussions, driving gross margin improvement beyond PPV;
- Participate in panier and trend sessions with development/marketing, supporting targeted innovation that takes in consideration supplier’s capacities, capabilities, strengths and weaknesses;
- Actively work on benchmark activities.
Prepare and present major highlights, results, and business needs to internal stakeholders
- Prepare and present key financial performance updates (PPV, Trend, Pre-Budget & Budget);
- Provide the category and cross-regional teams with needs and priorities for strategies construction, effectively and efficiently communicating anything that can impact the overall relationship with the suppliers (SRM);
- Share product supply / supply base strategy and purchasing driven results (savings projects, PPV, Trend, etc…) with brands and other key internal stakeholders.
Manage all aspects of supplier’s operational and financial performance
- Validate all new/updated pricing in partnership with Category Sourcing;
- Own and update ADA (SAP) with new/updated pricing and corresponding parameters (Incoterms, MOQ, currency, payment terms, freight, duties, etc.);
- ADA new code management – Monitor, prioritize and input;
- Support the resolution of invoices and payment discrepancies with internal stakeholders and suppliers;
- Contribute to the development and evolution of tools to improve efficiency and accuracy of these processes;
- Request the creation of overhead and MyMarket/SRM purchase orders;
- Provide timely / actionable information for corrective actions to be taken where necessary to both the suppliers and stakeholders.
Qualifications and Educational Background:
Candidate must be proficient in excel, organized, analytical and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment as well as manage resources to successfully bring projects to life.
§ Bachelor’s degree required in Finance/Engineering/Supply Chain or similar discipline
§ 5+ years purchasing experience
§ High degree of financial and analytical aptitude a must
§ Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
§ Exceptionally strong Excel and MS office skills
§ Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to handle various situations, multiple priorities, changing business needs as well as the diverse personalities within L’Oréal and the supplier community