L’Oreal, the world leader in beauty, is looking for professional, motivated and passionate people to join the US Packaging team.
Led by our new VP and his new management team, you will be part of revitalizing our team into a modern, highly collaborative and desirable group of packaging experts. You will join a global packaging community of over 200 people, with incredible access to a wealth of expertise, technical resources and training, unrivaled in the industry.
Our New Jersey office is being fully renovated and transformed into a leading edge facility that will inspire new ways of thinking and interacting. The workplace will be equipped with state of the art tools, including our fully integrated 3D printing lab, giving us the best tools to excel, execute and bring amazing concepts to life.
At L’Oreal, with our ever increasing portfolio of international brands, dedication to sustainability, innovation and our ambitious goals, the global opportunities are endless.
Come and join our L’Oreal Packaging team and share your curiosity, your desire, and your talent, where together we will create our new future.
As Manager for Packaging, you will lead the engineering as it relates to a specific technical category. This is a pivotal position. You will be at the forefront of your technical team, interacting with marketing, innovation, various other audiences and management levels.
Clearly understand our global portfolio and have proven experience in the packaging field, to be able to offer a strong/viable technical position, while bringing valuable and meaningful solutions to the brands we support.
The role is expected to be dynamic, engaged at all levels, innovative, able to work in a fast environment and ready to shape an efficient and modern packaging team.
OVERALL BUSINESS ACUMEN & COMMUNICATION
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to deal effectively with all levels of a diverse and global organization and supplier base
• Flexible approach to problem solving and ability to present compelling vision to gather senior management’s support of the teams ideas
• Experience in technical elements necessary for the development and commercialization of new products, with an understanding of timing and financial impacts
• Good self-management and organizational skills to manage documentation, materials and information for rapidly changing priorities
• Curiosity, creativity and out of the box thinking
• Ability to contribute to the leadership and development of other engineers in order to successfully elevate the attractiveness and visibility of the department
• Clearly support and contribute to a team vision and coach other department members to achieve department goals and objectives
• Partnering and leading effectively across different functions and levels. Establishing strong relationships built on trust, collaboration, solid technical knowledge and business acumen.
• Translation of innovation or marketing conceptions, into technically industrialized products
• Experience and knowledge of mold functionalities and molding processes
• Solid experience in working with a broad spectrum of materials, the manufacturing, decorating techniques and functionality of primary, secondary and tertiary packaging
• Able to anticipate and recognize risks, analyze data, identify root causes, draw conclusion and deliver a solid technical report with viable packaging solutions to enable stakeholders to make quality decisions
• Knowledge of finished good manufacturing capabilities, supporting necessary line trials and how the component conception impacts efficiencies of the plant
FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES, INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO
• Manage and influence design to conception and design to cost
• Influence supplier selection from technical and overall business position
• Define, engineer and optimize technical conceptions
• Management of new tooling development, approval of technical drawings and part validation
• Fully own specifications and all technical milestones in project timelines to ensure on-time technical validations
• Responsible for 1st component reception quality in the plant
• Troubleshoot technical issues across entire supply chain
• Support and drive solutions to packaging consumer complaints and non-conformities
• Drive sustainability initiatives
• Support and drive value analysis initiatives
• Identify and implement process improvements
• Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends, inclusive but not limited to packaging technology
• Up to 25% travel to domestic and/or international suppliers and plants
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline
• Minimum of 5+ years’ of proven experience in package engineering & development desired; preferably in the cosmetics, consumer goods or related field.
• French, Portuguese, and/or Spanish Language skills are a plus
• Strong PC skills; MS Office, PowerPoint and CAD software
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.