Сфера деятельности: Corporate Responsibility
Тип должности: Permanent
Тип занятости: Full - Time
Место расположения: New York, NY
Страна: United States
Job Title: Manager - NA Sustainable Business Solutions
FLSA status: Exempt
Supervisor Title: VP Sustainable Business Solutions / Chief Waste Officer, NA
Location: New York Headquarters – 10 Hudson Yards, New York, NY
BACKGROUND ON L’ORÉAL FOR THE FUTURE
With higher stakes must come stronger commitments. This is the reason why L’Oréal has decided to take its efforts even further through a program called “L’Oréal for the Future” (L4TF). Our commitments towards 2030 mark the beginning of a more radical transformation and embody our view as to what a company’s vision, purpose and responsibilities should be to meet the challenges facing the world.
Over the past years, expectations as to what the role of companies should be have changed dramatically. At L’Oréal, we want to take on greater responsibility, go beyond the mere transformation of our business model. With our new sustainability program, we want to demonstrate that companies can be part of the solution to some of today’s most pressing environmental and social challenges.
The Manager of Sustainable Business Solutions will help drive the NA-zone efforts to remove the waste from our business system by working to transversally implement, and organize both best practices derived from NA and global partners and also drive innovative ways of working established through audit findings, business evolution and organic ideation. This will include everything from what we go to market with (i.e., catalogue rationalization), how we go to market (i.e., launch forecasting), through to the trade terms we negotiate with retailers (i.e., returns and assortment optimization) into the operations (i.e., data analytics, returns reintegration, agile supply chain), through to the financial impact of our activities and alternative opportunities for monetization. The key will be increased collaboration with critical stakeholders and functional teams to minimize both E&O and returns and thus destructions through business process improvements, and systems and data optimization. This role will also focus on helping to establish and refine scaled and measured donation efforts and the pioneering of circular economy (turning our waste into our products or components again). Lastly, the role will be integral in providing targeted tools and guidance to support excellence in execution, including the upskilling of division and country teams on these key no waste capabilities and ways of working all while increasing engagement from NA team.
In support of the NA Zone VP of Sustainable Business Solutions:
• Be accountable for establishing, monitoring and reporting the NA performance established overall No Waste goals and KPIs. . • Support NA VP Sustainable Business Solutions in the NA and global taskforces on the same topic, ensuring preparedness, leading by example, innovative and data-driven insights and approaches. • Work as gatekeeper of the processes. Collaborate on the cadence of meetings, reporting, milestones and accountabilities for the NA taskforce to be successful and productive. Assist with the preparation for the NA task force meetings. • Help to establish the appropriate engagement level for all teams that will drive the robust content for the decisions to be made and for successful transformation. Business Process, Data Optimization and Operational Excellence • By collaborating , diagnose the major challenges driving waste in the business system and major levers that can be prioritized and improved. • Optimize the business process around the monthly “No Waste” Dashboard and identify other tools to drive improvement and transversal efficiencies across the zone.
• Help to identify innovations and system improvements necessary to drive positive impact. Drive the
connection between key functions into a seamless stream of efficiency
• Track Progress on destructions and prioritize opportunities to minimize.
• Assist the VP Sustainable Business Solutions in establishing the playbook for re-negotiating trade terms
with retailers, revising return policies on direct channels, and destocking operations.
Re-monetization & Donation
• Summarize the current state of alternative monetization, including D2C, stock reintegration, employee
shops, outlet, friends and family, clearance and flash sales, liquidators and clubs. Explore the idea of
warehouse sales. Create a repository for this information that can be used to centralize and accelerate
2nd life monetization.
• Reinforce any newly established norms, policies and processes needed to optimize this alternative
monetization channels, such as constructs/policies around responsible diversion.
• Be point of contact internally on donation efforts transversally across NA and be responsible for the
execution of the monthly donation forum meetings.
• Work with VP of Sustainable Business Solutions to increase the breadth of philanthropic partners eligible
for product donation meeting criteria and increase productivity in this area.
• Identify and bring forward opportunities for innovations to enhance responsible re-monetization and
• In parallel to prevention (reducing excess and obsolete inventory, and avoiding returns) and treatment
(re-monetization and donation), drive L4TF goals around circular economy. Help to generate ideation for
test and learn opportunities relative to resource recovery and up-cylcing partnerships.
• Track this activity
• Degree in business, finance, operations, sustainability, sustainable development or environmental sciences
• At least 5 years of experience working in a corporation leading operations, financial, commercial or
sustainability initiatives, and extremely passionate about this work.
• An interest in change management theory and practice.
• Proven ability to collaborate on complex, transversal projects internally and externally with key stakeholders
to strive for the best possible outcome.
• Team player with the highest ethical standards and an inclusive approach to work and talent.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Strong writing, oral and presentation skills.
• Strong project management skills, including: developing project plan, monitoring and meeting milestones,
time management, attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently, be proactive, and adapt quickly in a fast-paced and results-driven environment.
• An entrepreneurial and initiative-taking spirit.
• Ability to identify and build relationships
• Passion for the L4TF goals and sustainability within the beauty category.