Job description: Microbiologist
R&I Microbiology department provides support during development of all microbiologically susceptible formulations to assure microbiological integrity and safety of L’Oreal products.
Successful candidate will be responsible for performing microbiological testing of various cosmetic formulations and support other microbiology laboratory activities while ensuring compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Perform Preservative Efficacy Testing on all new developmental formulations, existing products requiring modification, and experimental projects under minimal supervision
- Perform microbial content test evaluations on raw materials, bulk, filled units for sales/test market samples, consumer returns, and special samples as required
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Responsible for the accurate evaluation, interpretation, and timely recording of results and reports
- Perform microbiological sampling and testing of the DI water and environmental monitoring
- Prepare samples for external microbiology testing, as required
- Monitor and perform laboratory equipment calibrations and troubleshooting
- Maintain laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level and verify receipt of supplies
- As needed, assist senior staff in other microbiology laboratory activities and projects
- Prepare culture media used in the evaluation of cosmetics and OTC products
- Participate in writing/revising SOPs, and Work Instructions
- Actively search and participate in available, relevant technical training
- Handle and dispose of laboratory generated waste in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures
- Clean, maintain, and disinfect laboratory areas and equipment
(Accountabilities are general and may vary according to the scope of the business)
- BS in Microbiology, Biology, or related field with 0-3 yrs. experience working in lab environment required.
- Strong laboratory skills, experience with aseptic technique, media, and test methods.
- Good understanding of GMP and GLP guidelines.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, reporting, and documenting skills with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of compendia and other relevant methods/standards/guidelines including: USP, PCPC, ISO.
- Able to interact and collaborate successfully with all levels of personnel within R&I and with other divisions and departments.
- Well organized and flexible with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment while meeting established deadlines.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- Must be eligible to work on an ongoing and continuous basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.