Support manufacturing activities by accurately performing microbiological quality control activities in a fast-paced environment. Analyze test data and utilize professional judgment to decide on appropriate responses per L’Oreal and ISO methodologies to resolve problems that affect product quality.
- Micro testing of finished goods, raw materials and bulk; evaluation of the results against specs and procedures to determine accept/reject.
- Perform air, water and environmental sampling & testing.
- Perform microorganism identification when microorganisms are detected.
- Accurately prepare and maintain records, documents, and reports.
- Maintain and update microbiological procedures.
- Provide direction, guidance and assistance to production and laboratory departments concerning microbiological issues. Lead investigations related to microbiological concerns.
- Perform validation studies (ex. cleaning validation)
- Alert senior member of management of potential problems in the areas of quality control.
- Order lab supplies and ensure that equipment is properly maintained and calibrated.
- Comply with and implement current standards, procedures, methods, and specifications. Where applicable, apply specialized standards, procedures, techniques and administrative activities to area of functional responsibility.
- Perform microbiological audits and act as a management representative during audits or compliance reviews.
- Maintain safe, clean work area and adhere to L’Oreal’s policies and procedures.
- Observe Good Manufacturing and Laboratory Practices (GMPs/GLPs).
- Perform supplemental project work as necessary.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Education: BS/BA Microbiology or Biology
Experience: At least 3 years microbiology experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment. (5 years for Sr.)
- Industrious, positive in attitude, self-motivated, reliable, and able to communicate effectively with others, including across departments.
- Good laboratory skills with experience in using aseptic technique, gram staining, organism identification, plate count, and enrichments.
- Experienced with use of autoclave
- Experience in Industrial Hygiene is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and possesses leadership qualities.
- Detail-oriented with a demonstrated proactive and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Sense of urgency in daily work and towards resolving issues.
- Knowledge of standard computer systems such as MS Office; experience using SAP desired.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.