L’Oreal, the world leader in beauty, is looking for professional, motivated and passionate people to join the US packaging team.
At L'Oreal, you will join a highly collaborative global packaging community of over 200 people, with incredible access to a wealth of expertise, technical resources and training, unrivaled in the industry.
Working in collaboration with the East Coast packaging team, you will be supported with state of the art tools, including a fully integrated 3D printing lab, providing the best opportunities for problem solving, executing launches and bringing amazing concepts to life.
At L’Oreal, with our ever increasing portfolio of international brands, dedication to sustainability, innovation and our ambitious goals, the global opportunities are endless.
Come and join our L’Oreal Packaging and Master Data team and share your curiosity, your desire, and your talent, where together we will create our new future.
As a packaging coordinator you will manage all code creation, and data elements required for new sku’s and components in required system tools and trackers by collaborating with all necessary departments within the brand and/or vendors to ensure data accuracy, consistency, and integrity.
Using your knowledge and exposure to packaging expertise, you will offer a strong/viable technical position, while bringing valuable and meaningful solutions to the brands we support.
The role is expected to be dynamic, engaged at all levels, innovative, able to work in a fast environment and ready to be part of an efficient and modern packaging team.
OVERALL BUSINESS ACUMEN & COMMUNICATION
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to deal effectively with all levels of a diverse and global organization and supplier base
- Flexible approach to problem solving and ability to present technical solutions to your category head
- Experience in technical elements necessary for the development and commercialization of new products, with an understanding of timing and financial impacts
- Good self-management and organizational skills to manage documentation, materials and information for rapidly changing priorities
- Curiosity, creativity and out of the box thinking
- Ability to listen, to learn and to be a professional engineer that successfully elevates the attractiveness and visibility of the department
- Clearly support and contribute to a team vision in order to achieve department goals and objectives
- Partnering and leading effectively across different functions and levels. Establishing strong relationships built on trust, collaboration, solid technical knowledge and business acumen
- An understanding and strong interest in packaging manufacturing technologies
- Experience in working with various materials, the manufacturing, decorating techniques and functionality of primary, secondary and tertiary packaging
- Able to anticipate and recognize risks, analyze data, identify root causes, draw conclusion and deliver a solid technical report with viable packaging solutions to enable stakeholders to make quality decisions
- Knowledge of finished good manufacturing capabilities and applying necessary validations to ensure quality integrity throughout our international supply chain
FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES FOR PACKAGING, INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO
- Review, analyze and cleanse incoming master data requests from Product Development in preparation for DPM record creation. Includes updates to shade names, ship dates, SRP, and hierarchy updates
- Update material master trackers to ensure set up in all systems are timely and align with launch schedule.
- Create packaging specifications by coordinating with the departments and/or vendors to gather master data requirements and component specifications.
- Create and manage bill of materials
- Collaborate with regulatory departments to obtain associated data related to formulas
- Obtain from vendors palletization data on finished goods/semi-finished goods. Validate shipper specifications with samples received from vendors.
- Review and action on weekly error reports
- Obtain artwork samples and manage in designated systems.
- Assist in analyzing and maintaining various data integrity tools and applications.
- Fully own specifications and all technical milestones in project timelines to ensure on-time technical validations
- Troubleshoot technical issues across entire supply chain
- Support and drive solutions to packaging consumer complaints and non-conformities
- Support sustainability initiatives
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends, inclusive but not limited to packaging technology
- Up to 25% travel to domestic and/or international suppliers and plants
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 1 year of proven experience in package engineering & development desired; preferably in the cosmetics, consumer goods or related field.
- French, Portuguese, and/or Spanish Language skills are a plus
- Strong PC skills; MS Office, PowerPoint, CAD software, and SAP.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.