L'Oréal USA is the largest subsidiary of the L'Oréal Group, the worldwide leader in beauty. L'Oréal USA manages a portfolio of 36 iconic global beauty brands, including Clarisonic, Essie Cosmetics, Garnier, Giorgio Armani Beauty, Kérastase, Kiehl’s, Lancôme, L’Oréal Paris, Maybelline New York, NYX Professional Makeup, Redken, Soft-Sheen Carson, Carol’s Daughter, Urban Decay and Yves Saint Laurent Beauté. In addition to corporate headquarters in New York City, L'Oréal USA has Research & Innovation, Manufacturing & Distribution facilities and brand headquarters across 14 other states with a workforce of more than 10,000 employees. For more information, visit www.LorealUSA.com or follow on Twitter @LOrealUSA.
This role will provide substantive organizational and practice support to attorneys’ and human resources professionals handling immigration and litigation matters
Key Job Responsibilities
- Assist with drafting and filing immigration-related applications and petitions with government agencies (PERM, I-140, AOS, Naturalization, etc.) and non-immigrant visas (H, L, E, TN, O, J visas etc.) •
- Liaise with government agencies (DOL, USCIS, NVC) to troubleshoot issues as necessary
- Perform a range of case related duties, including drafting email correspondence, letters and documentation to clients, government agencies, and colleagues
- Gather and maintain confidential client information in our case management system •
- Provide written and oral status updates to clients and senior level team members
- Handle billing for all immigration-related matters
Administrative and Litigation Support
- Under supervision of counsel, draft routine contracts using our contract-generator platform, respond to subpoenas and garnishment requests, and independently handle collections matters.
- Assist counsel in litigation/regulatory case management including managing data preservation, document production, case file creation, organization and maintenance, legal deadline calculation and calendaring.
- Draft and edit PowerPoint presentations.
- Work collaboratively with other L’Oréal teams to supervise and facilitate document retrieval and production, coordinating with internal and external counsel and consultants.
- A self-starter and team player, able to accept direction, yet work independently
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel within the organization and with external clients
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong client-first work ethic
- Remain calm in the face of pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- A minimum of 5 years' experience assisting with the preparation of immigrant and non-immigrant visas
- Bachelor’s degree, paralegal certification or equivalent education or experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in French is a plus, but not required
- Ability to work overtime on an as needed basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.