Do you like the idea of using your scientific and analytical skills to enable the marketing of new technologies and products?
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation might be exactly the place you have always been looking for!
For more than hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives. L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
As part of the R&I organization, the Intellectual Property department works on protecting new L’Oreal technologies and clearing products for global launches.
We are looking for a motivated Patent Liaison to take on a critical role in the product clearance process.
- Process and track product clearance requests from the labs, including checking all required product information and parent formulas, assigning project numbers, following up with the labs for updated information, sending out status updates and closing reports.
- Conduct preliminary screening of formulas, retrieve and review relevant patent information in internal databases, send out patent search request to vendors with a set search scope and strategy, review patent search reports, conduct preliminary analysis, and check patent families and patent legal status.
- Attend lab office hours with patent attorneys/agents. Assist and train labs on making well-crafted submissions
- BS/MS in chemistry. materials science, chemical engineering, biochemistry or related field with courses in organic chemistry I and II
- Excellent computer skills
- Preferably experience with patent search and/or product/patent clearance activity and/or laboratory research and development experience
- Familiar with cosmetic formulas
- Well-organized and analytical
- An efficient communicator and writer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered. #DDIR