Job Description Form
Section 1: General Information
Job Title: National Account Planner
FLSA status: Exempt
Supervisor Title: National Account AVP
Location: 10 Hudson Yards, New York, NY 10001
Section 2: Job Summary:
Objective of this position is to have an individual who is responsible for the ensuring the correct merchandise availability and assortment by retailer/door and item for all points of distribution within the chain. The goal is to ensure ownership of quality inventory by door which would improve retail sales, reduce RTVs and increase profitability. The National Account Planner is responsible for efficacious reporting which is to support the ongoing business needs for both the brand and the account.
Section 3: Job Requirements:
-Bachelor’s degree and minimum 5+ years in cosmetic or retail management
-Knowledge and awareness of beauty industry, market, and competitive trends
-Self motivated, results-oriented, creative thinker
-Good negotiation, communication, and organizational skills; analytical approach to identifying opportunities
-Ability to establish strong working relationship with buying groups
-Strong computer skills necessary (Specific Programs Used Frequently: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making:
-Monitor purchase orders by being able to assess the needs of the account balanced with the needs of key business drivers.
-Moderate supervision required for this position
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements:
Section 6: Financial Scope:
Annual Budget Responsibility: $ T&E budget responsibility
Annual Revenue Responsibility: $ Monthly and annual net forecasting responsibility (collaborating with the National Account AVP) including newness dimensioning and damaged goods/old age return estimates.
Section 7: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent.
Total should = 100%
- Responsible for the overall stock levels and ensuring availability of the appropriate product mix of stock in the stores by:
- Ensuring proper setup of skus on account level using Product Information Management systems on the brand and account level.
- Proactively monitoring and resolving low or out-of-stock conditions
- Working closely with the account inventory analyst team to determine sku demand opportunities and sell-thru implications for additional stock or potential old age risks. (Review, analyze and project all product returns in partnership with the National Account Director)
- Forecasting the appropriate flow of basics and assuring timely ordering
- Analyzing and ordering the correct level of trend items, newness, and promotional sets by door
- Working closely with inventory management and customer service to discern product availability implications to assess shipment risk and the need for demand planning interaction for future order needs.
- Analyze, review, update and effectively communicate shipment projections (finished goods and testers) and reports on a weekly and monthly basis. (includes ongoing communication with National Account AVP, Customer Service Analyst, and Brand Inventory Planning Team)
- Participate in season planning and provide support as necessary
- Compile all retail sales reports, including:
- Daily, weekly, monthly retail sales reports
- Competitive retail reports
- Mix of business
- Event Trackers
- Ad-hoc projects as required:
- Assist in the creation and planning for presentations supporting on-site & off-site management meetings and retailer presentations
- Process new store opening paperwork and communicate closed doors to the Sales Ops Team.
- Align with Sales Ops & Sales Admin to ensure full representation of all doors and field team in SAP, SalesForce, Analytics Cube (Analyzer), and ROE.
- Communicate and follow-up on all necessary business information from buying office to NAVP, FVP, Sales Ops and Sales Admin Teams, and the Field Sales Team
Section 8: Required Competencies:
1. Acts/Leads with Human Sensitivity
Demonstrates respect, develops others, enriches team dynamics
2. Interacts Effectively
Listens and communicates effectively, actively networks
3. Manages Complexity
Reasons from multiple perspectives, makes decisions
4. Achieves Results with Integrity
Conveys energy, focuses on results, acts with integrity
Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions, promotes team creativity
6. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship
Takes initiative, focuses on customers, improves business performance, develops a vision
7. Displays Sensitivity to the “Métier” of L’Oreal
Focuses on quality, builds knowledge of the beauty business, understands beauty
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USA[email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.