SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oreal USA, is the premiere distributor in the United States of salon professional products. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends
We are seeking a Receiving/Inventory Supervisor to be responsible for the receiving and inventory departments and processes. For the Inventory department, responsibilities include onsite SAP systems administration to include set up of facility related attributes in SAP, set-up of products in locations to maximize service and efficiency to ensure action is taken with excess and obsolete inventory, and facilitation of all inventory control related functions. Also responsible for leading, managing and safety for both departments. For the Receiving department, responsibilities include on time receipt and put-away of receipts, complete on time receipt of returns, achieve productivity and labor cost targets, establish high performing teams and housekeeping that is tour ready condition at all times
This position reports to the Operations Manager, and is a full time exempt position located in a small distribution center in South Portland where you will have hands on involvement in all operational functions.
- Leads and manages the receiving and inventory team, including performance reviews, staff training & development, hiring, terminations, and counseling.
- Ensures receiving and inventory team members abide by safety procedures and use proper protective equipment. Provide frequent communications on safety related subjects and encourage and act on ideas that can improve safety performance. Periodically audit employee practices and provide feedback and coaching
- Responsible for overseeing and supervising the Hazardous Waste process for the facility
- Administers all location replenishments
- Monitors and ensures the daily cycle counts; scheduling all incoming freight; and delivering all incoming packages/letters
- Maintains tracking and controlling inbound manifest
- Oversees the returns/credits process
- Manages the daily productivity information for Dashboard
- Ensures the monthly reports completion
- Responsible for achieving on time and accurate receipt and put-away of receipts
- Strives to achieve continuous improvement in productivity and labor costs by setting expectations, providing feedback, establishing improved processes and driving change
- Monitors daily housekeeping of the facility
- Coordinates with leadership staff the movement of employees thru-out the facility to achieve service and cost objectives
- Performs other duties and tasks as needed upon request.
- Oversee on time and accurate completion of customer returns
- Administers on time and accurate breakdown of pre-packs requested by Purchasing, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; minimum of 2 - 3 years of people and warehouse leadership experience
- Hands-on management experience in a fast paced, high volume distribution environment.
- Strong computer, analytical, and communication skills.
- Prior working knowledge of WMS or ERP
- Knowledge of SAP and inventory control experience a plus
- Provides SAP support to all warehouse functional areas
- Must be flexible, organized, detail oriented, and a change agent with the ability to multi-task.
- Valid state driver’s license, with good driving record within the previous 5 years
- Must be able to wear protective eyewear, footwear, hand protection (gloves) and safety vests
- Broad knowledge of OSHA and safety regulations and understanding of warehouse operations required.
- Must maintain current certification in DOT Transportation and RCRA Hazardous Materials courses.
- Requires the ability to act independently without direct supervision as well as to support a team to accomplish critical and timely objectives
- Excellent work ethic a must
What We Offer
- A competitive compensation package
- Paid Vacation
- Paid holidays
- A generous benefits package with a strong company match.
At SalonCentric, we continue to focus on our people in order for them to perform at their best. That is why we offer a competitive compensation program; great benefits; and a fun, high energy, entrepreneurial environment. Visit us at www.saloncentric.com to learn more about our growing company.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.