Process Expert Manager
North Little Rock, AR
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oréal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead an example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
The Process Expertise Manager works in the Quality Assurance department. The Process Expertise Manager is the main liaison to R&I, PD and Pilot (US, Europe) for development of new products. Provides processing expertise to the UP’s in developing the manufacturing procedures by which the formulations are produced. The Process Expertise manager works closely with Process Engineers.
General Job Duties
- Work with R&I, Pilot and labs (US and France) to develop SP’s (Specification Process)
- Enter and/or check off BOM of formulation in SAP
- Write manufacturing procedures in Mode OP based on the SP’s received from RDP or Pilots
- Electronically signoff on the new manufacturing procedures (MFP) or any procedure modification by the ETNSH&E and the UP
- Get stability of any new formulation produced by a new SP or a procedure that is new to the plant
- Validate the MFP of the first three production batches send the results of the validation to the pilot and R&I labs for approval
- If the officialization is marked yes for sending first production samples submit them to R&I on each shade of a new formula
- Send first production samples to Product Development for approval
- Assist the UP’s in purchase and validation for new Processing Equipment
- Write Performance Qualification (PQ) protocols for OTC validation of any formula that is making an active ingredient claim
- Good knowledge of ISO/GMP requirements
- Ensure GMP Compliance of processing/PW by performing routine audits
- Ensure FDA compliance of Process Expertise related activities (storage, equipment, etc)
- Perform cake press testing on new powder formulations and establish pressing parameters
- Investigate all Out of Specification issues on bulk formulas
- Write correction procedures for bulks that are authorized in the SP or Officialization to correct an out of specification issue
- Manufacturing pilot batches for shaded products for Liquids manufacturing
- Hold monthly right the first time meetings with the UP’s
- Send beginning movements of all new formulations for both bulk and finished goods. Send ending movements on bulks and finished goods that have been discontinued by R&I
- Provide CIQ with potential processing information for development of new or referenced SP’s
- Work with the UP’s to reduce batch time and make process improvements
- Coordinate with Hygiene the sanitizing and cleaning validation on processing systems where water based formulas are manufactured
- Perform special projects
- Modify MFP’s to improve out of specification batches or improve production
- Reports numbers for SQCP if on DGO site
- Enter recipes on new powder skids (Jet Mills, Pin Mill and blender Sieve)
- Perform flow rate calibration on new powder skids
- Track new products
- Other related duties
- Coordinates activities of the Process Engineering group
- Strongly involved in Safety programs
Tools and Equipment Used In Job
- Personal computer skills, to include experience with spreadsheets, pivot tables, presentations, graphics software and database management.
- Visual/auditory acuity required to operate equipment and see/hear warning alarms.
- ModOP and Ygtrac, SAP/Flexlnet
Educational, Mental, or Certification Requirements
- Science and/or Engineering degree required (preferable Chemical Engineering).
- 5 to 7 years experience in a manufacturing environment working with processing equipment and writing manufacturing procedures
- Have very good communications skills and capable of working with a diverse group of employees
- Must produce World Class Results through teamwork.
- Must selflessly develop others.
- Must thrive within a changing organization.
- Efficiently produce quality cosmetics in the right quality at the right time for L’Oreal USA customers.
- Must create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive.
- Must act as a responsible citizen in our company and community.
- Must manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return.
- Must demonstrate a 100% responsibility and not make excuses or cast blame.
- Must implement and utilize the NLR L’Oreal USA communication model.
- Resolve conflicts directly.
- Must listen for understanding.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Must be committed to team decisions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.