Procurement Manager / Materials Supply Planning
Lead the Procurement team to ensure raw materials and/or packaging components are available according to the production plan and supply parameters while optimizing the stock levels. Oversee department to manage, lead and develop team through ongoing coaching, training and support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the efficient relationship and communication within the procurement team, with the factory’s other departments and with suppliers
- Manage the operational relationship with the suppliers fostering reactivity and flexibility projects
- Ensure the availability of components and raw materials for production and anticipating issues to minimize impact
- Define the materials supply planning parameters and standardize the supply practice
- Collaborate with Purchasing in the creation of relationships with suppliers
- Support the launch team in the validation of timelines for new launches
- Set objectives and follow up supply chain key performance indicators for suppliers’ service, inventory management of components and raw materials and excess and obsolete
- Develop and manage the Procurement team. Organize workload split optimally, support and continue to grow expertise within the team and implement organizational change when required.
- Participate in development of yearly raw material and or packaging components budget.
- Fully Supports an interdependent safety culture and works proactively to accomplish the safety mission in the plant of zero accidents.
- Create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Engineering or Supply Chain discipline preferred.
- APICS, CIPM, or NAPM, CPM certification preferred.
- [5+] years of experience in a high performance manufacturing facility - cosmetics industry preferred.
- SAP experience preferred
- Advanced Excel strongly recommended (Pivot tables, VLOOKUPs)
- Must have strong written/verbal and communication and analytical skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent business and personal ethics.
- Must have strong leadership skills with relevant experience in project management, manufacturing practices and dealing with internal/external customers.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to interface with plant and corporate personnel at various organizational levels and external suppliers.
- Ability to manage change, provide program management and achieve results.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.