The Logistics Launch Planner's primary purpose is to manage all new product launches, promotions, or other special programs.
General Job Duties
- Track the delivery of materials in support of new products or programs.
- Evaluate project timelines and provide feedback to the Division/s in terms of feasibility.
- Provide solutions to bottlenecks impeding launch implementation
- Manage deployment of production plans for launches and promos through engagement with cross-functional teams.
- Interface with Supply Chain Managers on component supply availabilities.
- Deliver content to annual portfolio planning activity to ensure that expected launches/new capabilities are delivered.
- Communication with UPs via monthly meeting on new launches needs and capabilities upon issuance of completed package profile.
- Manage Launch Availabilities with MSL. Direct communication with the Supply Chain Managers and Master Schedulers on needs of launches.
- Issue monthly basis of the Launch summaries to site.
- Verify and approve accuracy of new BOM Creation.
- Ensure all operational timeline dates are met (including, but not limited to, principles, officializations, component artwork and specifications, semi- and finished good specifications, SAs, and line trials.
- Tracking the 1st production process.
- Update product availability comments in SAP Fusion system for the first 3 consecutive months of successful production.
- Clear communication with the Supply Chain Manager and Master Scheduler for transition from launch to Supply Management.
- Manage launches, promotions and substitutions if it is guided by a timeline.
- Develop the Logistics Pre-Spec for all new launch and promotional materials in concert with Supply Chain Manager.
- Oversee necessary launch-related documentation (LAFF forms, LOA initiation routing, DCA, SF placements for TPD specs, FIL code waivers)
Educational, Mental, or Certification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or Supply Chain discipline required.
- 5 + years management experience in a high performance manufacturing facility - cosmetics industry preferred.
- APICS certification preferred.
- SAP Experience preferred.
- High MS Excel proficiency (including data analysis, logic testing, pivot tables) a must.
Tools and Equipment Used In Job
- Personal computer skills, to include experience with spreadsheets, pivot tables, presentations, graphics software and database management.
- Visual/auditory acuity required to operate equipment and see/hear warning alarms.
- Production machinery may produce noise levels that exceed SHE’s action level. Employees are provided with and are required to wear personal hearing protection devices in these areas.
- Proper PPE is provided with and required to wear safety glasses, hair nets, uniform smock, and steel-toed shoes (depending on specific department requirements.)
This position requires an individual to constantly perform one and/or all of the following movements/functions:
- Must demonstrate excellent business and personal ethics.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Must have strong leadership skills with relevant experience in project management, manufacturing practices, and dealing with internal/external customers.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to interface with ALL plant and corporate personnel.
- Ability to manage change, provide program management, and achieve results.
- Ability to track production to plan.
- Must thrive within a changing organization.
- Efficiently produce quality cosmetics in the right quality at the right time for L’Oréal USA customers.
- Must create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive.
- Must act as a responsible citizen in our company and community.
- Must manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return.
- Must demonstrate a 100% responsibility and not make excuses or cast blame.
- Must implement and utilize the NLR L’Oréal USA communication model.
- Resolve conflicts directly.
- Must listen for understanding.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Must be committed to team decisions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.