Сфера деятельности: Research & Innovation
Тип должности: Permanent
Тип занятости: Full - Time
Место расположения: Jersey City, NJ
Страна: United States
Do you enjoy leading cross-functional projects alongside senior engineers, product managers and designers?
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation might be exactly the place you have always been looking for !
For more than a hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
The L’Oréal Tech Incubator is looking for an ambitious and entrepreneurial Project Manager to lead highly visible cross-functional projects alongside senior engineers, product managers and designers within the group.
The Project Manager is responsible for driving technical deliverables of a project plan as well as managing complex projects staffed with multidisciplinary engineering and product teams. They will plan, track, and facilitate technical design activities and deliverables according to established timelines and budgets. With input from relevant stakeholders, the project manager helps define the scope of work, project goals, relevant milestones, and drive project deliverables. They also create realistic development schedules and timelines, helps identify resource needs both internally and with external partners, and creates detailed budgets for each phase in the development process.
Position requires occasional domestic and international travel (10-15%)
You Will . . .
· Oversee and guide the technical product development efforts (hardware, software, algorithm depending on project needs) from project initiation to closure (often product launch)
· Create detailed breakdowns of work streams and estimate effort and resources required to complete each task
· Create schedules to understand work stream dependencies and sequencing
· Clearly communicate expectations for work output and completion dates to technical team members and project sponsor
· Actively manage project scope by ensuring any changes to scope are documented and approved by the project sponsor prior to execution
· Coordinate parallel path design efforts as contingency planning for high-risk designs
· Track and report on progress towards project milestones including decision-making logic, and provide status reports to sponsor on a weekly basis
· Motivate and inspire team members when needed to meet milestones
· Develop a strong positive work relationship with the client (often an internal brand partner) that is based on responsiveness, clear communication, and serving their specific product development needs at any given time
You Have . . .
· 2+ years experience as Program Manager, Project Manager, or Technical Engineering Lead; BS or Masters in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant engineering degree; will also consider other backgrounds as long as there is experience leading cross-functional projects that included technical teams
· Experience in Consumer Electronics, Consumer Products, Consumer Packaged Goods, Medical device or other consumer-facing field preferred, but will consider other fields
· Demonstrated passion for highly refined user experiences and an eye for detail
· Experience working in and/or leading cross-functional technical teams
· Demonstrated ability to drive [high and/or mid volume] commercial product releases; requires significant experience working with overseas manufacturers
· Demonstrated ability to manage technical staff and the flow of information in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent presentation skills, including slide deck creation, public speaking, and fielding questions on the fly
· Proven ability to present technical requirements, and navigate teams through risk mitigation and product development processes
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with both engineers and clients, with focus on presenting technical information in a manner that facilitates decision making
· Excellent organizational skills with meticulous attention to documenting design activities throughout the development process
You Are . . .
· Proficient with project management tools like Jira, Microsoft Project or equivalent· Authorized to work in the US on a permament, ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.