For more than a hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
L'Oréal's Technology Incubator is looking for a Project Manager - Mechanical Engineer for early product development located in Jersey City, NJ.
WHO WE ARE:
L'Oréal's Augmented Beauty Application Domain is a global team tasked with identifying, developing, and launching innovations in the areas of digital technology, personalization and customization, connected devices, and artificial intelligence. Operating within L'Oréal's Research and Innovation division, the Augmented Beauty Application Domain drives disruptive change across the Group, developing new products and services for all of L'Oréal's brands.
The team includes hardware engineers, user experience designers, data scientists, brand marketers, and project managers. Projects are developed through ongoing partnerships with entrepreneurs, academic institutions, design agencies, research organizations, and engineering firms.
Among technologies created and launched by the team are La Roche Posay's wearable My UV Patch and Lancôme's personalized foundation Le Teint Particulier.
As a Project Manager - Mechanical Engineer focused on new technology and product development, you will work with scientists, engineers, universities and startups, to develop new technologies and innovative products. You will bring a product/technology idea to proof of concept/prototyping while creating product definition/specification. With project spanning sensors, wearable connected devices, microfluidics, diagnostic devices. You'll be responsible for a diverse range of development efforts while coordinating between the internal teams and external vendors executing against them.
- Coordinate and execute strategic projects in the area of wearable and connected devices for the consumer electronics sector.
- Develop rapid prototypes of concept products utilizing deep knowledge in mechanical design, 3D printing, materials science and electronics.
- Support business development activities, including assessing technologies developed in other organizations such as university labs and start-up companies.
- Contribute to the translation and strategic direction of clinical projects (monitoring of cross-functional projects with other entities of R&I, active participation in project meetings and reporting)
- Interface with business development, contract, and patent attorneys to execute contracts and patents
- Approximately 10 - 20% travel
- BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering with at least 2 years product development experience
- Experience in materials science, consumer electronic (especially in wearable connected devices) and microfluidics.
- In depth technical expertise in mechanical design, product design, CAD, and 3D printing, manufacturing and process engineering optimization.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset with a focus on accelerating innovation to the market.
- Authorized to work in the US on a permanent, ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.