"Would you like to be an Agent of Change? To: Work with research teams on projects to bring breakthrough beauty innovations to market more efficiently than ever before? Be the co-pilot to a Project Leader, assuring a holistic view of the project, casting a neutral eye on the project needs to achieve success? Be part of the empowered Team that presents options to Stakeholders in governance meetings so that everyone buys in to key decisions?
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation might be exactly the place you have always been looking for!
For more than hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives. L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
Join the new Project Mode team working in the new R&I 360 Domain structure to catalyze cultural change through the execution of l’Oreal’s innovation projects; learn and apply our consumer centric principles and tools of project management along with Design Thinking and Agile Sprints to pioneer efficient delivery of disruptive innovations to the market.
Take the opportunity to combine in one single job the missions of Managing projects all along the Innovation Steps while being a Project Mode entrepreneur to foster our new ways of working and elevate the impact of the PM team in the whole organization.
“Operations keeps the lights on, strategy provides a light at the end of the tunnel,
but project management is the train engine that moves the organization forward. – Joy Gumz
- Support Project Leader(s) of complex project(s) to apply appropriate project methodology & tools in the execution of (a) disruptively innovative project(s).
- Play the role of facilitator to ensure a good level of cooperation and feedback within multidisciplinary team(s) and in coordination with partners.
- Facilitate the team to frame the scope of the project, to define the work plan and timeline, to identify milestones, costs and risks.
- Be the guarantor of effective risk management with the team: identification, assessment of criticality, and prevention / mitigation plans.
- Track project progress, help project leader identify alerts to communicate to Stakeholders, and assist preparation of options / consequences to bring to governance meetings.
- Make Innovation become a market reality in integrated, collaborative ways of working.
- Be an agent of change for Project Mode by contributing to the change in culture via coaching, training, communications etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of business experience in Project Management supporting complex or large-scale projects. Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience in the professional care / cosmetic industry preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable expressing a contrary point of view, able to push for timely decisions.
- Empathy and EQ.
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in a science or engineering field; Project Management Professional (PMP) is desirable.
- Flexible and adaptable to operate within highly demanding and ever-changing project environments with focus on flawless execution.
- Secure being an influencer; your authority comes from your impact.
- A combination of technical prowess with excellent soft skills.
- Team-spirited, driven, tenacious, and resilient.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.