We are driven by a passion for beauty that moves the world.
We are the market leader in Beauty and a pioneer in Beauty Tech. As a result of a constantly changing world, cosmetics and technology are inseparably linked for us. Together with our consumers and partners, we anticipate trends and shape the beauty of tomorrow.
We live sustainability and environmental protection. By 2030, our commitments mark the beginning of a more radical transformation and embody our view of how a company's vision, purpose and responsibility should look to meet the world's challenges. Our 88.000 employees in 150 countries are transforming our business to ensure that our activities respect the boundaries of our planet.
We are looking for people who will join us in making a difference.
Public Affairs Manager (m/w/d)
About the role:
- The position is based in Düsseldorf, DE, requiring regular presence in Berlin and frequent business travels to other European destinations.
- Member of the Legal, Scientific & Public Affairs team with strong interaction with the local Corporate Communication team and different relevant functions within the L’Oréal Group and its matrix organization.
- Manage all Public Affairs activities of the German and Austrian country organization.
- Coordinate internally across all business and corporate functions and align with all internal stakeholders of the Group positioning and engagement strategies. Organize update and alignment meetings as well as a steering committee.
- Engage and partner with external stakeholders such as policymakers, regulators, authorities, scientific and other non-governmental groups, on all hirarchie levels. Prepare others for such engagement or partnering, coordinate and utilize their engagement.
- Manage and drive projects and events contributing to the aligned Public Affairs strategy.
- Manage all representations in trade asssociations by organizing information exchange, regular briefings and debriefings as well as a knowledge data base for all company representatives.
- Manage external partners, such as Public Affairs-, Communication- or Crisis Management- agencies to leverage their expertise in the most effective way for L’Oréal.
- 10 years of relevant public policy and advocacy experience, e.g. within corporate public policy and government relations, in public administration, law firm, trade associations or non-governmental organisations, ideally in the context of FMCG products.
- A keen working understanding of policy-making processes and government relations, particularly as they relate to economic policy and regulation.
- Full written and spoken fluency in English and German.
- Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience of working at high level and collaboratively in a highly-matrixed international environment, alongside teams including Legal, PR, and business teams.
- Project management experience. Ability to coordinate internal and external ressources in an efficient manner.
- Public speaking experience.
- Highest integrity, strong decision-making skills.
· Permanent employment in a crisis-resistant, growing market with a comprehensive range of social benefits.
· A competitive and attractive salary and benefits package
· Individual personal and professional development, a steep learning curve, strong team spirit and an open, cooperative culture
· Diverse, national and international perspectives
Diversity & Inclusion
L'Oréal is committed to providing equal opportunities to its applicants.
We value diversity, inclusion and individual self-expression in the workplace as diversity strengthens our teams and we want to reflect the image of society and therefore our consumers in our company. Any form of discrimination is therefore not tolerated.