Position: Regional Sales Director, La Roche-Posay
Reports to: Field Sales, V.P.
The La Roche Posay Regional Sales Director will be responsible for coaching, managing and developing a team of 8-10 medical detailing sales representatives in New England, NY, PA and VA. Their key objective will be to coach and drive the team to influence recommendations and growth of dispensing business for La Roche-Posay products within Health Care Practices. Implement strategies to deliver and meet sales results and recommendation level results within the designated region.
- Recruit, hire, coach, develop and maintain a high quality medical detailing team
- Consistently provide in field support to all direct reports, spend 3 days in field and optimize routing on a six week rotation.
- Ensure all team members are meeting and exceeding expectations, take corrective action when needed and conduct periodic updates and performance reviews with team members.
- Conduct business reviews monthly with each region team members to identify progress and risks toward achieving goals
- Demonstrate mastery in understanding and presenting clinical sales materials and convey understanding to team members through modeling and coaching.
- Provide market – level intel and updates to management
- Evaluate coverage needs within the region, make proposals on realignments to Field Sales VP
- Work with Education to ensure timely delivery of selling skills, product technology and skin physiology.
- Work with Education for input into the development of collateral and medical detailing materials
- Develop strong relationships with key opinion leaders and top 25 dispensing accounts in region.
- Effectively manage T&E and allocated funds
- Ensure full implementation of sales and marketing strategies
- Consistently achieve and exceed all stated sales goals and objectives, including overall goals, new product launch targets and promotional objectives.
- Entrepreneurial spirit; business oriented, problem solver and goal driven
- Ability to manage complexities and change
- Leadership capability to manage, coach and motivate team and ensure commitment to brand vision and objectives
- Flexibility and adaptability in a newly developed and evolving business environment
- Set up action plan based on quality/quantity criteria (activity, target coverage, specific actions, follow-up)
- Ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner
- Creative thinker: develop innovative ways to engage Health Care Providers’, identify opportunities and provide solutions
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years experience in management / leadership capacity overseeing a sales team, preferably in a pharmaceutical environment
- Proven ability in building professional relationships, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to travel 3-4 days per week, including field coaching time with team members, Sales Leadership Team Meetings, National Sales Meetings
- Ability to travel weekends as needed for Congress participation (e.g., AAD – American Academy of Dermatology National Meeting)
- Dermatology experience preferred, but not required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.