Position: Regional Sales and Training Manager
Department: DSC Sales, Active Cosmetics Division
Reports to: National Sales Manager
The Regional Sales and Training Manager (RSTM) is responsible to meet and exceed sell out goals for Vichy and La Roche-Posay in their assigned region. In addition to sales responsibilities, this position requires the delivery of live trainings in B markets. The successful RSTM builds relationships with all levels of regional retail management to accelerate sell-out. They will identify and respond to opportunities that build market share long term and maximize sales in the short term. The position must uphold the integrity of the brand by following guidelines, meeting expectations, goals and missions.
- Responsible for analyzing weekly and monthly retail sales reports, understanding territory performance metrics and implementing action plans to ensure territory sales objectives are achieved.
- Work closely with retailer regional beauty lead and regional management to develop partnerships and quarterly plans that support the achievement of sell through sales objectives.
- Cultivate relationships with all levels of Management and Sales within distribution through consistent communication and ongoing analytics of their market.
- Proactively identify key market challenges and deliver efficient and timely responses to business development opportunities through sales analysis.
- Comprehend all Vichy and La Roche-Posay product portfolios, policies and procedures.
- Inspire and motivate the BCs, Leadership and beauty leads in your market through strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ensure that national sales and marketing priorities and initiatives are successfully executed
- Plan and execute an on-going 90-day rolling calendar consisting of monthly sales goals, sales promotions, monthly conference calls, training, event days, and incentives to support the marketing calendar and new product introductions. Plan and execute sales and promotional plans (sell-thru focus) and review sales by store against established goals.
- Territory management consists of approximately 300-400 retail doors, store visits and market needs; top volume and growth opportunity doors.
- Visit stores in territory, on a rotating basis to ensure promotions are executed, detail products, train on brands, and foster the BC relationship. 4-6 stores per day, 4 days a week. Goal of 20 visits per week. One week in home market, one-week travel (2-3 days) to other markets, etc.
- Ensure merchandising standards are maintained in-store. Work with regional and store management to correct merchandising gaps.
- Execute in store events to support monthly event/contest initiatives and negotiated events in partnership with regional management team
- Responsible for in-store and cluster trainings for Beauty Consultants; brand knowledge and Empathy.
- Support 1H/2H trainings in partnership with training team including; negotiation of date, location, F&B, set up, tear down etc.
- Negotiate additional regional training programs with retailers and execute in partnership with training team adhering to brand messaging and training curriculum within the guidelines of the training plans.
- Execute live trainings in B markets when Regional Training Manager is not available – 25 per year
- Support monthly retailer conference calls with key product focus and promotional activity plan.
- Create quarterly as well as annual plan of action in partnership with regional beauty lead to achieve annual sales to quota.
- Manage KPI quarterly tracker
- Manage expense budgets to support all necessary activities within the territory, emails, individual calendar and routing, conference calls, booking travel, work with RTMs on educational event planning.
- All paperwork/ reports completed in a timely manner
- Be passionate, enthusiastic, and creative and HAVE FUN!
In order to excel, you must be a strong self-starter who has great confidence, persuasive communication skills and a flair for effective presentations. It is also essential that you have the ability to inspire, as well as a contagious enthusiasm for the beauty and fashion industry.
- College degree preferred or at least 4 years of sales/retail background or related experience [skincare, makeup, fragrance, hair]
- Ability to travel 40-50% of time within a given region & territory as well as continental US for key meetings
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends if needed (which could include travel time)
- Multi-Task / Organizational skills operating in a fast paced environment
- Ability to assess strategic customer needs and build alliances
- Ability to perform both Sales and Education functions
- Excellent computer skills – MS Office, Salesforce.com or related CRM
- Must be available to travel to attend sales and planning meetings
- Strong presentation skills
- Valid Drivers license
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills
- Must reside in key territory
1. Sensitivity to Métier
2. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship
3. Achieves Results, with Integrity
4. Manages Complexity
5. Leads with Human Sensitivity
6. Interacts Effectively
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.