Based: Hammersmith, London
Duration: 54 Weeks
Start Dates: Monday 6th July 2020
Application Deadline: 22nd November 2019 however roles are filled on a rolling basis
Annual Salary: £20,000 per annum
When you walk into a department store and are greeted by the very beautiful and inviting beauty counters you’re seeing the work of the Retail Design teams. The L'Oréal intern in this department has a ‘roll up your selves’ attitude and is ready to get stuck in!
When we have a brand new store opening or a retailer is having a beauty hall re-fit it’ll be your job to assist the Retail Design Managers in delivering a counter that is making the best use of the space, conveying an exciting and interactive customer journey whilst being in line with the International Brand Guidelines.
You will assess the varying customer journey across our brands as well as our competitors and up the game. It’s a busy and fast-paced role, but seeing your designs, planning and organisation come to life is super rewarding.You will…
- Support the Retail Design team with preparing and planning for new counter installations
- Partner with different business functions to organise a successful counter launch
- Take on your own projects and building up an in-depth expertise of Retail Design
- Work closely with the visual merchandising team to ensure a 360 approach
- Liaise with logistics on tester orders for new counter installations
- Attend installations out of hours to support on snagging and merchandising the new counters.
- Work on implementing latest brand furniture and strategizing the implementation of new launches on counter
- Attend regular in-store visits to track competitor activity and launches across retailers, gathering photos, details on materials and structures to create a monthly report for presentation to the Marketing Team and General Manager
- Attend trade shows and supplier fairs on behalf of the team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A good eye for detail and an awareness of current Retail Design trends
- An ability to work autonomously with great organisational and time-management skills
- Some experience in PowerPoint, Photoshop, Sketchup and Excel would be an advantage but not prerequisite.
- Eligible to work in the UK
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible)
At L’Oréal, we strongly believe that diversity is a source of creativity, growth and performance. By promoting the respect and value of difference through human resources development, we have established ourselves as a global corporate citizen and a preferred employer. We aim for our teams to reflect the diversity both of our consumers and our catchment areas, at all levels, particularly in terms of nationality, sexual orientation, ethnic and social origins, disability, gender and age.
Once you click apply you will be greeted by our Chat Bot Mya. Mya will ask you a few questions to check you meet our eligibility for this role. Don’t worry, she’s not testing you! She’s just checking you’re comfortable with the location, salary and you have the eligible rights to work etc.
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to an online assessment called Seedlink. In this we would like you to answer three questions, two written and one via video. There is no time limit on this so please don’t feel obligated to do this straight away, however, the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don’t worry what you look like, just worry about what you’re saying! We will then take your score, see if you meet the benchmark and if so, submit you to the final review for Assessment Centre.
We will be running Assessment Centres throughout October, November and December. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don’t get invited straight away – it might just be because your function’s Assessment Centre isn’t until December!
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.