The world leader in cosmetics, L’Oréal is present in 150 countries on five continents. Our 35 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men globally. Our ambition is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by inventing cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal supports diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products, and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 78% since 2005.
The DNA of L’Oréal is Innovation and we are driven by a real passion for the future. Our Research and Innovation Centres in India are the sixth innovation hub for L’Oréal worldwide to fuel local market innovations.
The distance between beauty and tech is closing rapidly, and we are determined to be pioneers in this new beauty tech world. New digital technologies and services are making the world of beauty move faster than ever before. Data and artificial intelligence are opening new horizons for personalization and customization. By incorporating digital into everything that we do, we are creating a better relationship with our consumers.
When beauty and tech collide, the impossible can happen!
In our journey, we are looking for talented individuals who can lead us on this mission.
Would you like to be a part of the adventure?
We have a suitable opportunity in the Consumer Products division for the position of Assistant Manager/Manager Business Systems & Data Analyst. We are looking for a passionate Business Systems & Data Analyst to transform the data we collect and gather from our retail operations into insightful and actionable business decisions. In this role, the analyst will also double hat as a business process manager, who will be responsible for creating processes, procedures, protocols, and workflows focused on the business and on streamlining and improving efficiency for our outlets. Developing and working on plans to help improve the BA Channel performance as well as drive efficient business processes to ensure a process-driven environment. The location of the job will be Mumbai H.O.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- BA Channel Performance and Continuous Improvement Processes – Ensure to create, measure, and gauge all business inputs and align those with the outcomes desired by the business. Collect, process, and perform analysis of large datasets that will help drive insights into manpower planning, Sales Performance, Improving efficiencies across the business & channels, and more
- Proactively forecast and report successes, inconsistencies, and underperformance of retail processes, and leverage the data collected to ensure future processes are changed
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and business performance
- Competitor analysis and benchmarking as a means to measure best practices within the Retail Beauty set up
- Continually analyzing offtake data to identify performance issues, potential opportunities, and opportunities for growth
- Analysing the effect of different online and offline channels, user behavior, conversion data, and customer journeys, compiling funnel analysis and multi-channel attribution
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Report on incentive programs conducted by the brand or HO team that measure the incremental value of our budgets and efforts, as well as ongoing optimization efforts to meet efficiency/ROI targets
- Educational Impact on learning and performance correlations – Suggestive reports and insights on BA motivation, tenure, stickiness with the brands, and competition awareness to create the best performance/motivational programs @ Loreal
- Degree and Domain Expertise: Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, or Engineering (Suggestive of analytics). Domain knowledge is an absolute advantage
- Experienced in working with databases and data analysis tools. know Microsoft Excel, Matlab, and IBM SPSS to analyze trends and plan to drive accurate insights.
- 2+ years’ experience in a quantitative field, preferably Digital Analytics
- Experience working with large disparate data sets and providing actionable insights
- You are passionate about the digital space and the opportunities present for digital growth and development
- You are curious, inquisitive, proactive, organized, and methodical. You like to use substantiated data to both identify and solve problems.
- You are proficient in the use of spreadsheet software like Microsoft Excel (including VBA), Tableau, PowerBI, SQL, and data modelling - to analyze trends and plan to drive accurate insights. You must have a love/hate relationship with Excel, and as part of this relationship, you have a favourite Excel function. Excel dashboarding, Excel data mining and superlative formula building is a crowd favourite for us
- Excellent in math and statistics
- Ability to interact and present your ideas to various levels of an organisation to explain and gain support for initiatives
- Flexible, creative, and a self-starter who will roll up their sleeves and get the job done in a fast-paced environment
- Able to manage a huge variety of data and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to translate data into customer insights that helps to create successful processes and strategies that help drive business efficiency and proficiency
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in data management and measurement
L’Oréal is committed to building a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. L’Oréal closely prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.