Do you wish to work for the market leader in the world’s largest beauty company? Do you dream about working in an innovative environment together with skilled colleagues? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and dare to take responsibility? Then you might be just the talent we are looking for to strengthen our Consumer Products Division team as the Merchandising Process Manager in Sweden.
As the Merchandising Process Manager for Makeup brands such as L’Oreal Paris, Maybelline, Essie and NYX Professional Makeup, your role is to secure the in-store excellence at our point of sales. The role reports to the Merchandising Manager.
Your key job accountabilities:
• Coordinate makeup unit roll-outs, installations, pick-ups, rebuilds & new store openings
• Main contact for suppliers and internal contacts i.e. warehouse, installation agency, in-store merchandising agency, clients, sales force and Key Account Managers
• Manage the new product launch in-store updates (2-3 times / year) from planning to installation to follow-up, e.g. preparing adequate documents, liaising with warehouse, training in-store merchandisers
• Budget management and planning of in-store merchandisers
• Manage the makeup unit maintenance for all brands’ in-store material i.e. cassettes, spare parts
• Responsible for warehouse / merchandising logistics optimization, process improvements and stock level
• Responsible for testers and return process per client
• You like to be the “spider in the web”
• You are organized and structured, and pay attention to detail in administrative work
• You manage the concept of multitask and appreciate working on different projects at the same time
• Previous experience from the FMCG industry and merchandising are seen as great assets
• You are an experienced user of Microsoft Office
• You are fluent in Swedish and English, written and spoken
• You are used to working in a high paced environment
• You have a Bachelor degree or equivalent
We are looking for our Merchandising Process Manager to start as soon as possible. The employment is permanent. The last day to apply through our career site is Sunday 3rd of September. We are reviewing applications and inviting for interviews on a rolling basis, so do not wait to apply!
What’s in it for you?
We offer you an exciting position with great challenges and opportunities including an individual career plan, an extensive catalogue of e-learnings, competitive personnel benefits, modern offices, and a dynamic working environment with engaged and passionate colleagues. Our Nordic organization counts more than 900 employees based in the four Nordic capitals, with Denmark being the Nordic headquarter and L’Oréal Sweden counting for 250 employees.
With its unique international portfolio of 34 diverse and complementary brands, the Group generated sales amounting to 25.8 billion euros in 2016. As the world’s leading beauty company, L’Oréal employees 89.300 people and is present across all distribution networks: mass market, department stores, pharmacies and drugstores, hair salons, travel retail and branded retail. Research and innovation, are at the core of L’Oréal’s strategy, working to meet beauty aspirations all over the world and attract one billion new consumers in the years to come. L’Oréal’s is committed to sustainable development, though our strategy “Sharing Beauty With All” which sets out ambitious sustainable development objectives across the Group’s value chain.
Join L’Oréal. Lead the change.