L’Oréal is present in 140 countries on five continents. For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted itself solely to one business: beauty; it is now the industry world leader with €25,8 billion consolidated sales (in 2016). As a true business partner for all our divisions, our multicultural team directly contributes to the success of L’Oréal’s brand portfolio: Lancôme, Yves-Saint Laurent, Biotherm, Kiehl’s, La Roche Posay, Vichy, Garnier, Maybelline New-York, Kerastase, Redken (…)
L’Oreal is accelerating its retail expansion through an ambitious strategy and aggressive Luxury and Consumer Products brands store opening plans in multiple geographies.
On behalf of The Retail Operational Excellence program, L’Oréal Global IT launched a Retail IT Strategy initiative to determine the best way forward to respond to those new challenges while improving performance of the existing retail IT landscape.
L’OREAL recruits a : Retail IT Service Line Manager
In this context, the Group Infrastructure Department is seeking a Retail IT Service line manager, responsible for steering and coordinating, under the responsibility of the Telecom Group Director, all initiatives and actions related to the build or transformation of the infrastructures dedicated to the Retail.
The Retail IT Service Line Manager will be responsible for the construction of solutions, the management of the projects and actions entrusted to him, in all their aspects, human, organizational, technical and financial, until their delivery and resumption in operation by the teams concerned (outsourcers and/or Internal Operations teams)
As such, the Service line manager will:
- Manage end to end the service line for l’Oréal RETAIL in Point of Sales, WorldWide,
- Define architecture and solutions, consistent with all other group solutions and in alignment with retail needs and group security constraints,
- Integrate and coordinate initiatives to build new standards or improve existing one’s, simplify & organize solutions in place on both design & run fields.
- Lead transformation and implementation projects, coordinates activities around solutions development, project tracking and project management.
- Ensure the appropriate level of communication (internal & external) in order to guarantee the delivery quality.
- Collaborate closely with every technical team of Global IT
- Coordinate external and internal experts
- Organize the monitoring and operations of all Retail infrastructures with the Operation Team and Guarantee the level of service for each solution,
- Report with the appropriate KPI on his activity at several different management level
- Contribute to infrastructure & telecom strategies
- Define & Develop solutions with partners from the infrastructure standpoint (PoS devices, Network, Platform) in alignment with Group rules.
- Define and manage the internal service conventions for every service in his scope
- Understand Business Expectations, Applications constraints and propose relevant solutions to deliver strong, reliable and accurate Infrastructure.
- Build RFP , participates to subcontractors / vendors selection,
- Determine & build cost model & charge-back mechanism with controlling department,
- Control budget, billing, charge-back,
- Assists in coordinating and managing projects from concept visualization to completion: Oversight of project status, program deadlines, accountability, identifying any areas of concern or problems with associated solutions to other teams / partners / retail representative as needed.
- Assist in the coordination of communication activities
- Builds and maintains strong, effective working relationships with the other Service Line and application department across the organization
- Continuously insure technology watch on is perimeter,
- Negotiate and manage the contracts under his responsibility (with legal teams)
- Deliver the solutions to the Operation Team, control & evaluate partners & vendors performance,
- Contribute to problem management, escalations & crisis,
Scope of work
- Group Infrastructure solutions (Worlwide responsibility)
- Network & Telecom Infrastructures
- In Point of Sales (PoS) users devices,
- IoT for PoS
- In charge of several internal and external network and telecom teams :
- One architect as direct report and several Project leaders, depending on activities
- Manage virtual worldwide teams belonging to the group IT community
Management et communication
- Manage third party and external partners
- Communicate with the whole IT community and L’Oréal business
- Work in close cooperation with the whole IT community
- For all Retail transformation project, coordinate the whole group infrastructure community
- Leadership and team management / Capacity to convince
- Autonomy, capacity to organize
- Capacity to coordinate multiple IT actors
- Effective communication; excellent Oral & written presentation skills
- Capacity to work in a complex & international environment
- Pragmatic, Reliable, Results oriented,
- Flexible, adaptable, agile working mindset
- English fluent
- IT Engineering degree
- Very good technical knowledge and experience in the network and telecom field in RETAIL environment (WIFI, PCI, IoT…)
- Project management skills
- Contract & RFP management skills